Best Macau/Portuguese Food

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by us.ma 16 yrs ago
Where is the best Portuguese food in Macau?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 16 yrs ago
I am told Alorcha has the most authentic/best Portuguese food.

I am partial to Fernandos - I think the food there is referred to as Macanese (not really Portuguese)

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
have just been to Fernandos - thanks for recommendation ED! Yum!! the food was just excellent!! well worth the visit (even tho it takes half an hour to get there!)

Ed 16 yrs ago
We swung down from Shanghai on Saturday to check out the Beyonce concert and made a pitstop at Fernandos - it would be a travesty to go to Macau and not have dinner there. The Venetian is incredible!

190k 16 yrs ago
Fernandos is for the tourists. Authentic food can be found at the Porto Exterior near the Rio Hotel or the Porto Interior near the Naval Museum. Be careful of the Alorcha I have had upset stomachs twice after eating there. There is also a good Mecanese restruant on the ground floor just around the corner for Moonwalker bar oin Lan Kwai Fong (Macau).

pilou7 16 yrs ago
There use to be all these private little restaurants in the homes of Portuguese. Dinner was cheap and amazing. Really memorable experience, special. Don't know if it still happens now. You can all keep Fernandos, not impressed. Alorcha used to be very good.

notaclue 16 yrs ago
My favourite is Petisqueira in old Taipa Village. Very authentic. Lots of local Portuguese dine there. You need to make a reservation, we have been at the door many times and not make it in! Phone: 853-2882-5354.

O Santos on Cunha Street in old Taipa Village is also worth trying. We go there when we cannot get a table at Petisqueira.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad