uno mas ?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by foodiehk 15 yrs ago
a friend of mine went to a private preview of a new spanish restaurant in Wanchai - he raved about it. great food and really interesting decor. anyone know anything about it ? when is it open ?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Donut Waver 15 yrs ago
It's open now. Tapas style, fairly decent wine selection. Price and quality is on par with all of the other Tapas restaurants in HK.

foodiehk 15 yrs ago
always empty. i have since been to uno mas - really great decor and very good food. a real buzz about the place. big open kitchen and a lot of outdoor space. definitely worth a try. i met their chef - from valencia - and very authentic

QQ cat 15 yrs ago
Hi there, Could anyone give me the address of this restaurant called Unomas (so much the better if you could also give me the tel no) - thanks so much !!

BTW, how does it compare with the others like Tapeo or Ole ?

foodiehk 15 yrs ago
56 lockhart road I think anyway above heat and white stag. much bigger (size/menu/kitchen) than others with four or five very different areas to sit. manager says they are only one with spanish chef which explains the great food. I used to live in spain and the paella is right up there with anything i have had before. try the grilled cod and the croquettas de jamon. read a v good reviw in BC magazine which said to leave room for dessert !

enjoy

foodiehk 15 yrs ago
hi again QQ cat

just saw this on web

http://www.spanish-chamber.com.hk/pages/viewnew.asp?CodArt=131&L=2

which has details

foodiehk 15 yrs ago
ole and uno mas are chalk and cheese. ole used to have madrileno chef (not sur ethey do now) an dit is is typically"old" madrid in feel. uno mas is - as they say - barcelona style - very modern decor and presentation.

foodiehk 15 yrs ago
Telemundo

i lived in madrid for a couple of years and have travelled around Spain quite a bit but speak embarrasingly little (but then I have ived here quite a while too and....)

. I have a house in Andalucia so know a bit about tapas - uno mas is a very modern take but quality and presentation is very good. nice vibe too, don't you think ?

foodiehk 15 yrs ago
here's the thing. I like tapeo -raised the bar in HK but expensive and v small portions. sort of formal - you eat your food and leave. tapas always seems to me to be about the conversation and the company also (you can't talk to more than your immediate neighbour in tapeo ?) uno mas seems (IS actually) much bigger and much more interesting to enjoy your food and relax. more generous portion sizes also.

foodiehk 15 yrs ago
can't hurt to ask !! manager seems to be on top of things (my spanish isnt good enough to ask the chef...)

fiona08 15 yrs ago
Oh god ... thanks so much for the reply! Actually I work in this group and I love the food in uno mas. Setting at the terrace for a coffee is so great!

And last night was so great as we host the Spanish Chamber Happy Hour party.

By the way, here is the address 54-62 Lockhart Road, Wanchai. So easy to find with Big Black and White light board!

Love to have all the comments and I'm open for more to improve our service and food quantity! :)

doche 15 yrs ago
Unlike in Spain...they do not allow kids after 7 pm, like if it was a disco!!!!!

That is not very Spanish. I am really disappointed, as I wanted to go there tonight with my family. I do not have anyone to leave my son with, so he was going to come along. I guess I am not going to this place for a dinner.

I am Spanish. Very disappointed about this place without having even been.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad