2010 Winter Olympics Coverage in Hong Kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Propellerhead 14 yrs ago
Sadly, just found out that iCable has the rights to the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics AND the 2012 London Summer Olympics. This means NO coverage for English-speakers in HK!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Winter_Olympics_broadcasting

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
phatphish99 14 yrs ago
doesn't this seem a little ridiculous since the english-speakers are the ones who would want to watch the winter olympics???

anyone know if any sports bars around HK will have live feeds??

mdehaas 14 yrs ago
so there is the KEG pub in LQF that has a ability for a live feed but usually they dont do this. However I think they might make an acception for Men's Hockey final when Canada wins gold :-) Stop by the KEG and ask if they are as i am not sure. Alternatively you can watch it online - just have to have a VPN solution to the US - Google US VPN and there are many services that you can by and setup on your home PC and it will give you a US IP Address which then NBC and others sites will allow you to watch their content. Otherwise it will say NO as it sees you are from HK IP address. Sorry if this is a bit much but if you dont understand ask your kid what I mean or your LIT department and they will tell you what this is all about. If you really want to watch North America TV - setup a SlingBox - www.slingmedia.com - sends your US home TV to anywhere in the world - clear and in HD as well. I have it to my home here in HK from Vancouver and to my mobile and it is AWESOME!! No monthy fee just your US/CA ISP services and TV services as per normal. Anyway - good luck! Michael

mdehaas 14 yrs ago
@aussieinla - I would have to agree that I dont think iCable would have dedicated translation for the olympics and just rebroadcast it direct into english. Or at least lets hope so.

kooching1875 14 yrs ago
no...i-cable broadcast winer olympics games in English, so welcome all of you to watch, and it is free!!

here is the URL

http://sports.i-cable.com/winter_games/live_eng.php

XuX 14 yrs ago
thanks for the updates

HKNewbie001 14 yrs ago
Just arrived in Hong Kong, is there any bars or lounge that will broadcast it? Thanks

jamestao 14 yrs ago
anybody interested in forming a group and watching the canada vs swe/svk game on saturday together? faceoff is 10:30 am our time... maybe we can get a bar to open up for us at that time if we got enough interest? sound off here or PM!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad