Bartending Certification in Hong Kong ?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by femmediva 14 yrs ago
Anyone knows if HK has a bartending school at all ?

Google does not give any but I am sure with a thriving bar scene - there has to be one !

Or is there a Bar/Food business like to provide on-the-job ?

On a career break and always wanted to learn bar tending - once in your life !

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela 14 yrs ago
I don't think there is one because there is no demand for one. Bar-tending is seen as very low-brow and people won't tip for good bar-tending so why bother? A certificate may be useful, though, if you are applying for a job at one of the big hotels but speaking Mandarin would be much more advantageous. I'm a long-term Hk resident originally from the UK and the first I heard about bar-tending 'certification' was when I went to the US for a holiday and saw them advertised. Not sure if they have them in other countries like Australia. In the UK, the best bar-tending qualifications are a massive set of muscles and a black belt in Jujitsu.

femmediva 14 yrs ago
Hi Loyd., thanks the information.. I figured there isn;'t one in HK but you are right, in the US - there are quite a few,. notably in predictable LA, California and Hawaii. I just wanna do it for fun because I really do enjoy makiing drinks and always did with home parties. Anyhow, I do appreciate the response.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad