Where to watch World Cup 2010?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mhn527 14 yrs ago
Where is a good place to catch the late night games, such as the ones that start at 2:30 am? We don't have cable at home but want to catch USA v. England.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 14 yrs ago
Not sure but this is a good thread to post this most excellent video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE&feature=player_embedded

Ed 14 yrs ago
http://www.cnngo.com/hong-kong/where-watch-world-cup-hong-kong-145496

merm 14 yrs ago
I've watched at these places:

Liberty - way too warm, very few good seats, and if it's the 7:30pm match you'll be watching with professional bores instead of football fans, forgivable if they are good looking men i guess. Closed before the 2:30am match.

Pickled Pelican - enough screens everywhere, inexpensive, good in general, bad food though (dinner, lunch much better), people go there to watch football or have a good time, not to be seen

P58 - if you like deserted bars this is for you, people and even staff smoking, a bit warm, inexpensive

Goccia - good atmosphere if it's that team playing, few seats, big screens only and i prefer small clear ones, hate the waiters and waitresses who just lay their warm grubby hands on your shoulders as if they were your best friends (reminds me of a couple of sloppy waitresses at M1NT), given almost $20 of change in coins and short changed - they are a bit desperate for tips even though it's not cheap already or perhaps they think you won't notice when your eyes are glued to the screen

Red - screens everywhere, big enough, cool air con, however they seem to have a door policy and a couple of my local friends were turned away on the opening night, the western door bitch said it was full but it clearly wasn't, and they let in people in their flip flops

Coast - good food, not enough screens, not enough seats, friendly service, nice crowd, but and it's a big but the windows are kept open and it's way too warm for everyone

The Globe - big enough, cool air con, nice crowd except the southeast asian regular prostitutes, not bad food, good service in general from the staff except the western lady manager (wasn't wearing a uniform) who seemed to want you to consume non stop and we had dinner and drinks already!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad