I can't find any posts about art??

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Rose14 14 yrs ago
Hi everyone,

I have noticed a serious lack of posts about art in Hong Kong...does anyone have any suggestions of current exhibitions?

I heard that there is a great exhibition of Spanish art in a gallery that stores art from all over the world on Pottinger St. I think it's called State-Of-The-Arts. has anyone been?? Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mhn527 14 yrs ago
The HK Art Fair was just a few weeks ago. (It was amazing!) If you look at its website, you can find a list of exhibitors by city and just click through the HK ones to go to their websites and find out their current exhibitions. Here's the link: http://www.hongkongartfair.com/eng/exhibitors/galleries/4/

Rose14 14 yrs ago
Thank you for your reply, I went to the art fair but sadly not many of the galleries from Hong Kong took part in it. Have you been to the exhibition I mentioned or has anyone else?

I hear it is small but the art is good and really reasonably priced. I'm stuck in the office at the moment so can't head over

mhn527 14 yrs ago
I have not been to that exhibition. I have been going to Vietnam for art, actually. Great stuff for a fraction of the price in HK.

Rose14 14 yrs ago
Jazzz I know exactly what you mean, there is so much art that is trying to shock that it all becomes generic and most importantly you couldn't see it in your home. I finally made it to the gallery on pottinger st and was pleasantly surprised to find that all the art though varied could be put in any room in a home the website is www.sotagallery.com.hk you should check it out. I think it's a 1 off in hong kong for people who really want to buy art. I hope that helps

joeyclaris7 14 yrs ago
cultazine.com... they hold art exhibitions and promote them all year round :)

JC

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad