Drugged and Robbed in Wanchai

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bluesilver 10 yrs ago
This happened last Saturday 16 Nov 2013 in Amazonia. Was drinking with some friends in the bar, they said they left at 2am. I was talking, drinking with a mainland Chinese girl with glasses. I have no memory of what happened between 2am and 11am the next morning. I checked my bank statement and $20,000 was withdrawn from an ATM in Central. I am sure she must have slipped something into my drink. I have made a police report.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Peds 10 yrs ago
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/nightlife-and-entertainment/threads/146915/drink-spiked-and-then-robbed-in-lkf-40k-gone!/

http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/living-in-or-moving-to-hong-kong/threads/53893/drunk-in-wan-chai/

Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela 10 yrs ago
Can you describe her? Some Chinese woman with glasses approached me in the street after I'd had a drink at the Grand Harbour View in Oil Street, North Point. Said her name was Kim. I took her number out of politeness and walked off. A bit strange to be approached in the street in the morning.

Can you describe her hair?

It was also last Saturday (I think). I went for a coffee with a local female friend at the Grand Harbour View. Walked down Oil Street and my friend went right down Electric Road and I continued up Oil Street towards King's Road. Just before I got to King's Road (roughly opposite Subway Sandwiches on Oil Street) she approached me. Speaking quite good English, she complimented me on my Cantonese and asked me what I was doing. I said "not much" and she said her name was Kim and she was just going to do some shopping. I said I was going home and she said she would like my number. I didn't want to give mine so she gave me hers. She took a piece of paper out of her handbag and her name and number were already written on a piece of Grand Harbour View note paper. Strangely the prefix code for Hong Kong (+852) was written in front of her mobile number so she seems to be targeting foreigners. I took it and went home which is close by. I assumed it was a prosititute working the hotel who was having a slow day. This was day time though. I'm pretty sure it was Saturday but I get days mixed up as I sometimes work night shifts. Definitely within the last week. She was slightly plump but not unattractive wearing large glasses and a black dress (I think) with slits in it (though not obvious). Nothing strange about her hair but, if you can describe it, it just might be her.

cookie09 10 yrs ago
interesting sotry LGMV. for 4 years i used to live right where you encountered her and have never had such a scenario happening to me. weird indeed

Cookie. I have been living here for many years too and nothing like this has ever happened before. It is a mainly residential area and was during the day time. May have something to do with the number of hotels sprouting up in the area. However, although they are nice, they are not top notch so may not be lucrative for a working girl. I don't think the police will be interested as it was just a girl offering a guy her number. I wasn't propositioned.

Typhoon 10 yrs ago
This has happened to a couple people of guys I know. And I've heard lots of other stories. Don't drink alone, and if you do... watch your drink.

NuinHK 10 yrs ago
@bluesilver: did you write your PIN on your ATM card or carry it in your wallet?

Lucane01 10 yrs ago
Read this same story several times on HK expat forums. Don't drink alone, don't drink in sleazy Wan Chai bars. All the stories I've read basically indicate that the police have zero capability / interest in helping solve these drug-related thefts at Wan Chai bars.

malka,

Why would Loyd turn her # over? Even if he was propositioned, which he was not, why involve the police? Making a mountain out of a molehill.

bluesilver 10 yrs ago
Can't remember her name or what she looked like apart from the fact she wore glasses and had a mainland Chinese accent when speaking English. My atm pin was not written down anywhere. I must have either told her or typed it in myself, but no memory of this whatsoever.

If anyone was in Amazonia last Saturday night after midnight please get in touch with me.

Bluesilver. You can remember nothing about her hair? Colour, length, style?

This woman didn't have a mainland Chinese accent. Her English was good but not native. Probably not the same person.

Of course, she could have just been interested in a piece of prime northern English beef (ie me). Ha, ha, ha.

The thing that made me nervous was that I had been followed out of the hotel. If it had been in the lobby, it wouldn't really have bothered me.

bananaq 10 yrs ago
the solution is dont bring all your cards including your ATM. just bring some cash.

GOLFINGROB 10 yrs ago
Guys, you need to be careful as there are mainland hookers EVERYWHERE even in Portland St in Jordan, and obviously the better looking ones hit the Island bars.

jingjing2011 10 yrs ago
She;s very clever she knows your Atm pin no. she;s might be a professional hooker .....next time pls. don't trust anyone....

advertiser111 10 yrs ago
I have heard other stories about this bar. One person who is in jail at the moment on serious charges I have been reliably told was drinking in this bar and had been drugged by two girls. Unable to remember much else, unfortunately. Just yesterday while walking in Queens Road East near my workplace, I was approached by a straight haired girl wearing glasses for money. It was not for a charity. Unfortunately people do blame the victim in these sorts of crimes no matter where you are. I know someone who was drugged and robbed in Boston US, bashed with broken legs and police didn't even bother to come.

gaz_hayes 10 yrs ago
Anilhk, I'm not sure what you're smoking but you should find something else.

I've heard plenty of stories about this happening in HK. People need to watch their drinks and stick with friends. Wanchai is where dignity gets dragged out to the middle of the street and shot, so I'm not at all surprised.

mosman 10 yrs ago
This happened to me too! I woke up married!

ashleymarinel 10 yrs ago
that happens only to a guy with money.one morning on way for breakfast with my husband,we saw 3 women from philippines (they are look decent)with a white guy who was really drunk,they get off from the cab one block away from the bars, they took his wallet and hold his card and saying to that poor guy "baby ,we are going to the bank and withdraw ".be careful guys!

ashleymarinel 10 yrs ago
that happens only to a guy with money.one morning on way for breakfast with my husband,we saw 3 women from philippines (they are look decent)with a white guy who was really drunk,they get off from the cab one block away from the bars, they took his wallet and hold his card and saying to that poor guy "baby ,we are going to the bank and withdraw ".be careful guys!

mosman 10 yrs ago
That 'poor guy' with the three Flippers is just paying the girls what he owes them. No drugging involved there! I just hope it was worth it!!

Beermoney 10 yrs ago
HKBY, What the heck to you mean? I don't understand your comment or your point.

mosman 10 yrs ago
HKBY, everyone has different preferences in who they want as a partner! I can tell you now where my logic comes in. I married my lovely wife 11 years ago, and they have been the best 11 years of my life! She is a wonderful wife, fantastic mother, and my best friend! It was the best decision I have made and it has worked out just great! So next time you see a western guy walking down the street with a flipper on his arm, just think about what I said and then you might understand a little more! Peace!!

Kasoy 10 yrs ago
Any guy who gets drunk in a bar where young girls ply their trade is a fare target and deserves no sympathy. He takes the risk and must be prepared to accept the consequences….one night he may have a ball and another it can be a disaster.

Having lived in the region for more than 30 years, I have been legless on more than a few occasions in Wanchai, Bangkok, Manila and Singapore and have paid for my stupidness by being ripped off and robbed on more than one occasion. I have also had young professional girls look after my interests by helping me to a taxi and helping out when I was being targeted.

Now that I am more mature (old) I don't get too drunk anymore as the hassle you can get and hangover are just not worth it. And anyway, I would prefer to be at home with my partner.

As for the racist remarks about Filipinas, clearly the lady has no idea of the real world or just plain jealous. In my observations and experience, the nationality of girls who are most likely to rip you off in a pick-up joint are Mainland Chinese (most likely), Indonesian, Filipina, HK Chinese and Thai (least likely). I stress that these are just based on my own experience of girls in pick-up joints and are not any reflection of the general population of that country.

X-fat 10 yrs ago
HKBY, the logic is so simple. Filipina likes and admire Caucasian. White men are nice and good looking. They don't like Chinese guy, not handsome at all. Not to offend anyone...SMILE...

X-fat 10 yrs ago
@HKBY, well it's not your problem anymore. That's his/her personal life. Mind your own. Have a nice day and keep calm.

Beermoney 10 yrs ago
hkby, I still don't understand what point you are trying to make.

slowdive23 10 yrs ago
I have vowed to host an elaborate plan with a hidden camera and small crew to catch these girls in the act. This bullshit needs to stop!

It will be part of my series documenting Hong Kong ways of life, and this will specifically be categorized to train expats to mind not only the places they frequent, but the types of people they associate with.

Come on guys, we know most of these girls out here are shallow. They know we have yellow fever. They know we absent-minded when we're drinking. If you're less than average-looking, don't expect this girl to want to date you for who you are -- it's all about your bank account.

Recently a banker friend of mine ended his long-term relationship with his girlfriend overseas to be with a manipulative Chinese woman. Within a few weeks, he had bought her parents a home in Australia, her a new corvette, and got engaged -- in that order. Now things are falling apart, and he is completely beside himself. Mind you he is not an alcoholic.

Beware of these shallow girls. They are ubiqitious in LKF, and are constantly on the prowl for men with a rolex. Be smart about it, and bring along a reliable person. The real girls looking for love will not be in LKF; they'll be the girl next door, or the lovely woman passing by your office everyday that you fail to recognize because it's during work hours. Night life can still be fun without the party astmosphere!

LMJAAZ 10 yrs ago
If you hang out at a cessapool like Wanchi what do you expect the outcome to be? Come on speaking to a woman at a bar like that you obviously expected to exploit her as money means power to get what you want which is cheap sex. Instead she turned the tables on you.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad