Persian Restaurant?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cocteau30 18 yrs ago
Can someone please tell me if there are any Persian resturants in Hong Kong. If so, where? Any near Central?

Thanks

c

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
GlobalHK 18 yrs ago
I wish there was one too! But there is none. Are you Persian?

momopopo 18 yrs ago
Do you have any recipe for Persian's kebab. They are the best. The mince chicken, mince beef, etc . I would also like to make some tachin for my husband.

I really miss Persian food. Took my husband at Tokyo once and He loved it.

Sukiyaki 18 yrs ago
I've recently learnt that kebab originally came from Iran. I like Iranian style mashed eggplant appetiser (do not know name) and potato salad, which of them I could't find at Habibi nor other middle east restaurants in SOHO. If any persian style restaurants in HK, pls also keep updated here. thanx

larcher 18 yrs ago
Hello,

I am looking for a persian restaurant too!

what is the name of the spices that are used in the bbq minced beef served with chelo kabob. Saffron, tumeric?

yjlau 18 yrs ago
Dear Sukiyaki: I have been to Turkey twice and it's quite well known fact that Kebab was invented in Bursa (not far from Istanbul), Turkey. They still had the original shop that invented the turning roast pit. So... is this false?? and Iran is THE place? Just out of curiosity, (i.e. personal curiosity. i'm doing a PhD in hospitality&tourism and into restaurants and ethnic food) would there be any hard evidence for Iran being the 'inventor' of Kebabs? Please tell me if you can get som info? Much appreciated!

Sukiyaki 18 yrs ago
Hi yjlau

I heard it from some Iranian friends and don't think they are lying at all. Kebab means "grilled meat" In Persian and Turkish (spelled kebap in Turkish). So many varieties of kebab and the term means different things in different countries. Kebab you refer is probably doner kebab.

my friends were maybe refering to another receipe of kebab.

so the best way for you is to find out what the earliest receipe of kebab was As for me I don't care who grilled the meat first.

Kebab is the one of the nicest thing I've ever had in my life. that's all.

Alaa persian 10 yrs ago
hi every one

there some new persian student in hong kong if you one some persian food you can ask them, for the recipe i know some of them in city university and polyu

the best

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad