Best Twin Pram Available in HK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by asking 16 yrs ago
I am expecting twins...Ive looked around at BTBs and Eugene but wonder if there are other stores that have twin prams.

Other twin parents out there - grateful for your advice on which is best!

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 16 yrs ago
Mothercare I think.

As for twin pram in HK, that's a tough one. Wide or long are the choices. I think wide is better.

In the first month or two, you can just put them next to each other in a normal stroller bassinet actually.

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
asking - i have send you a pm

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
every twins mum will tell you that her pram is the best of course - so here I come - I think mine is seriously the best - esp for HK - it is the stadium sitting one rather than one next to earch other - i find them far, far too wide for HK pavements. I have Jane Powertwin, which you sadly can not buy in HK - you will have to order from somewhere - here is what it looks like

http://www.babyzoop.co.uk/jane.htm#powertwin

you have 2 car seats that clip on the top for the first 6 months - although you can use the back seat for a baby - it goes flat - but not the front one - just reclines.

It is very easy to push, moves beatufully - it is a 3-wheeler. it is ver expensive tho - over $9,000 with the car seats..

Anyway - my 2cents worth!

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
"it is ver expensive tho - over $9,000 with the car seats.."

Not really that bad for what you get actually.

Unfortunately both don't go flat.

The Phil and Ted strollers are great. However they are more targeted at kids of different ages. Same there. Only one seat fully reclines. Still P&T have a very small footprint and in that way is good for HK.

Momoftwo 16 yrs ago
The lightest one is Peg Perego Aria one.

dizzydog 16 yrs ago
you can get the jane powertwin from bloomandgrowasia.com the same people who distribute grobags in hk

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
axptguy - the Powertwin does go flat - it is not small - but it does collapse. Also - mine two are walking everwhere now so am going to sell my Powertwin, I think if anyone interested!

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
"the Powertwin does go flat - it is not small - but it does collapse"

By "flat" I meant the seats reclining to flat and horizontal, not the actual stroller going flat when folded. During the first 6 months, children should ideally be in a flat and horizontal position when in a stroller.

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
oh right! no, the back seat goes flat completely - the first one does not - that's why you can use either one clip on car seat for the front, or both - front and back - we used both as looked better that way!! :)

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
Yes I see. However car seats aren't really ideal either as they are anything but flat.

It all depends on how you use the stroller. For short periods, non flat, like a car seat, is fine. For long strolls (more than 30 minutes) lie flat is really the way to go for the first 6 months.

AFAIK the only lie flat twin strollers are big side by side numbers. HK just isn't very "big stroller" friendly unfortunately.

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
guess you are right - but the car seat are fine are think, they are sort a shope of a cradle, so support baby everywhere - what about driving for more than 30 min with baby - surely people do that? We used our buggy for longer than 30 min - so do all people with Quinny with the combinatoin of Maxi Cozi seat - same format really - clip on car seat. So I would not worry about it - I would say leaving the kid in there for hours is not too good - but then again - what about all those babies that are carried around in a sling (not flat!) all their babyhood by majority of population around the world!

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
"but the car seat are fine are think, they are sort a shope of a cradle, so support baby everywhere "

They're fine but flat and horizontal is the best thing for baby's back.

"what about driving for more than 30 min with baby "

While flat and horizontal would be better for the back, in this case safety takes priority.

"hat about all those babies that are carried around in a sling (not flat!) all their babyhood by majority of population around the world!"

Just because the majority does it doesn't mean it is the best thing. I'm not saying it's bad, just not the best.

One great advantage of flat and horizontal, apart from the orthopedic one, is that you don't have to move the baby if he/she is asleep to get baby flat. So if you come home and baby is asleep you just take the stroller inside and leave baby sleeping in it.

Coffee Queen 15 yrs ago
Hi there, I'm in the same postition, (expecting twins) and any other mother of twins have all recomended the MacLarean XT Twin. I already have the single one, and have found it so durable for the rought and tumble of HK. Quite a few mothers said that they had bought other prams first, and then later purchased the MacLarean. I like that they are so lightweight for getting around.

I would like to know if anyone has purchased the Valco Navigator twin, and if so what do you think of it?? This is my favorite so far, has everything on it and lightweight, but wouldn't mind some feedback if you've had one. If not, I think we'll go for the MacLarean. Reliability every time.

Cheers

icoobaby2 15 yrs ago
Hello friend.I think you are urgently in need of Double pram.As you said MacLarean XT Twin is best among the double prams but, they are bit pricey.But I suggest you a online baby store where you can get MacLarean XT Twin at discount price.I bought my Disney Pushchair from there its name is www.icoobaby.co.uk here you find various baby accessories and other baby products at affordable prices.

axptguy38 15 yrs ago
icoobaby2, your username is the same as the shop. Isn't it just a little bit transparent? ;)

taitam123 11 yrs ago
does anyone know where can i repair Jane twin two in hong kong or where can i buy parts

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad