Flu Vaccine

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by exyogi 12 yrs ago

My, my, my ---- the news about those "health protecting" vaccines just keeps on coming in .....

"...... Last year Australia noticed a lot of children being hospitalized after having convulsions triggered by the flu shot. AUSTRALIAN HEALTH AUTHORITIES KNEW OF THESE CASES BUT CONTINUED TO PUSH THE FLU SHOT ON EVERY CHILD ......"

Does the behavior of the "health authorities" sound familiar?

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/10/flu-vaccine-timeline-recent-history.html

For those who don't want to play "Vaccine-Russian-Roulette" with their health, here's an alternative ....

http://www.doctoryourself.com/ortho_c.html

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Z 12 yrs ago
And don't forget that there are several instances of outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases in communities that have high frequencies of vaccine resisters, even though hygenic standards are not lower than in other areas!

exyogi 12 yrs ago

Oh I just love it when the pro-vaccinate people open their mouths. Why? Because it's soooooooo easy making them look foolish! Actually, it's easier than taking candy from a baby.

For example......

The following two (2) links are reports of outbreaks of mumps and measles for this year (2011). Now cara and Z would have you believe that mumps and measles are "vaccine preventable diseases", right? Well, take a guess as to who caught the mumps and measles ;) .....

http://www.naturalnews.com/028142_mumps_vaccines.html

http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2011-10-27/canadian-measles-outbreak-hits-the-vaccinated-excuses-abound/

Oh I just love it when the pro-vaccinate people open their mouths! Go ahead, say something else!

Loyd Grossman is Miss Venezuela 12 yrs ago
Er... I've had loads of vaccines and to my surprise I never got any of the diseases I was vaccinated against. The thing that really shocked me was my younger sister got measles when she was really young - and before she was vaccinated. I, on the other hand, didn't get measles even though I had been had been vaccinated against the disease. Spooky or what?

exyogi 12 yrs ago

Grossman>

It's not spooky, you were just lucky. You played the "Vaccine-Russian-Roulette" game and you won. Congratulations on your good fortune. Here are some people who played that game and were not so lucky .....

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/vax_injured_v.html

http://www.yourlifesource.com/vaccine.htm

So the question educated people are now asking themselves is this: why take a vaccine (with all it's risks), when I can take vitamin c (which has no risks)?

That's a no brainer, right? Not necessarily ......

Even though cara is correct about vitamin c curing a lot of things ..... it can't cure stupidity.

exyogi 12 yrs ago

No need to be sorry, cara. I'd have said that too if I were a pro-vaccinate person unable to provide any references to support my position.

kitkat 12 yrs ago
I find this discussion a little aggressive. I am not really fussed either way however I work in management in a school and regulations in HKG require vaccines so I follow that rule by law. I have so many parents that get angry when their child is sick from other children. HK is obsessed with "high fever" yet sometimes kids are ill and their fever is fine so I have to let them into school.... My parents never even owned a thermometer, yet my mum could tell from a mile away if I was really "sick".

That being said, I suffered from GBS... Guillian Barre Syndrome, 12 years ago, yet I am not allowed many vaccinations. As a result I get the flu probably for about 3 months every year which sucks. I would like the vaccine however no doctor in HK will take the risk... the chance of me getting GBS again is the same as any reader of asiaxpat getting it.. (1:100 000 on a bad day) As a result I started taking Vitamin C however I went to hospital as I had an overdose... I was taking 300mg a day? They told me that I am "resistant to V C". Currently I try anything to stay healthy as I am actually a healthy person but I am in Asia where the person to person concentration is a little obscene. The good news is that by being in Asia I have actually lowered the risk of melanoma which I would have doubled by being home in Aus (I had two removed). No vaccination or vit C could help this. I have also had chickenpox 3 times... twice as an adult. I have never been vaccinated for it and I now have a chicken pox scar as my left nipple... delightful I know. I am not a sick person and I live a great life however I just think that this post should chill.

Everyone has an opinion however just keep in mind HK schools do have strict rules about vaccines. If you don't agree that is also awesome however just because you refuse vaccines does not make you less susceptible to mutant "vaccine resistant" diseases. All I can say is... some of us will get sick vaccine or not and at the end of the day I hope all of you just make sure you do whatever is best for your children.

kitkat 12 yrs ago
Before anyone gets all 'over" my post. I have tried everything to stay healthy. Vaccines vs VC argument is not going to get solved. I think it comes down to the fact that all of us would do anything for our children... thats what my parents did and I am still here (HK thinks that is a miracle!)

ex-yogi. There is risk attached to everything in life. Most people don't get affected by vaccines and some unfortunately do - this has always been the case. However, far more people would die or suffer irreversible damage if they followed these half-baked vitamin C ideas of yours regarding disease. Vitamin C may, in some cases, boost the immune system but it is no substitute for a tried and tested vaccine. Are you trying to sell vitamin C or something?

exyogi 12 yrs ago

kitkat>

Thanks for submitting your experiences. But without being "aggressive" (whatever that means) I must say your story is non-sense for several reasons ......

1) You cannot overdose on vitamin c. Any amount not absorbed by the body is excreted in the urine.

quote from wikipedia .......

"Ascorbate concentrations over renal re-absorption threshold pass freely into the urine and are excreted."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C

2) If you are "resistant to vitamin c" then you would be dead because you cannot exist without it. You obviously are not dead, so you are not "resistant to vitamin c".

3) Since you suffer from Guillian Barre Syndrome (GBS), I can't for the life of me understand why you would want to take vaccinations since GBS is sometimes / often(?) caused by ............. vaccinations!!!! My mind just cannot comprehend that. I would even guess that you probably got GBS as a result of taking vaccinations.

4) Your claim of vitamin c being ineffective on the basis of you taking 300mg per day is ridiculous. This is a common tactic of people / researches who want to discredit vitamin c. They intentionally(?) take small amounts of vitamin c, and when successful results are not forthcoming, they boldly and loudly claim ............... 'vitamin c does not work'! A more honest person / researcher would say ............... 'vitamin c does not work at the amounts I tested'.

Compare your paltry 300mg per day experience to this person's 80,0000mg he used to stop a virus infection ........

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8653

for those mathematically challenged, please note the following:

1g = 1,000mg

4.5g = 4,500mg

6g = 6,000mg

Snake oil.

Christeve 12 yrs ago
Kitkat please get your vitamin D status checked, people suffering from vitamin D deficiency are far more likely to suffer from flu. Ask your doctor for a 25-hydroxy vitamin D test.

From the link below, a discussion;

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/6/226

Discussion

This survey provides insight into the current awareness and understanding of the role of vitamin D and attitudes toward sunlight exposure among a female Chinese population. Maintaining good bone health is important in this population, particularly with regard to preventing or reducing the risk of osteoporosis. As in other parts of the world, vitamin D inadequacy is prevalent among the general Hong Kong population. We previously showed in a cross-sectional study of ambulatory, community-dwelling Hong Kong adults (n = 382; mean age, 69 years [range 50–91]) that 22.5% of study subjects had serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] levels less than 20 ng/mL, while 62.8% had levels less than 30 ng/mL [11]. In this population, 25(OH)D levels of 30 ng/mL or lower were inversely correlated with parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels [11]. Subjects with secondary hyperparathyroidism had significantly higher risks of falls and osteoporotic fracture at the hip and spine [11].

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad