What can i do to help my son?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by baolongfeng 12 yrs ago
My son has a bit of a problem in Science. What can I do to help him love this subject?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Mog77 12 yrs ago
Not sure about his age, but personally having a science background, maybe you need to make it "real", take it out of the class room. Let him cook, learning to cook teaches about heat, importance of size, chemical reactions, denaturing of proteins etc etc. Maybe getting a pet to learn about biology or visiting Ocean Park or even the wet markets to see animals in their live or dead state. Physics, let him pull something apart, see what is inside an appliance for example? If he is more creative, all of these activities can be done in a way to make it interesting.

Sometimes the issue with Science, and it was for me, I needed to understand the bigger picture of why and how rather than remembering facts and formulas. Once he understands, I think the facts and formulas will follow.

xtinaz 12 yrs ago
Hi there, maybe you should introduce fun things to do like how to make an erupting volcano. Hocusadabra.com sells kits

Christeve 12 yrs ago
There are some great things coming up at the HK science museum in the Science Alive Programme next week!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad