How do you treat your almost 7 year old daughter??

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by PriceTag 12 yrs ago
Anyone out there with a nearly 7 yr old daughter who argues or talks back to you all the time & not do what is asked of her & only wants to watch TV or go on the computer to play games? How do you manage her? I have 3 girls & worried that the rest will follow the big sister so getting a bit desperate to get the older one in line.....

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
PriceTag 12 yrs ago
thanx Cara. I tried & seems to work but wasn't easy to get to that position. You sound like you have some clear boundaries set. Back at home I was working full time & very long hours so I didn't see all the sides of my kids but after moving to HK I am a stay home mum as I don't have any family to mind the kids here. I am not sure if the move here away from everything they know is playing a part. Anyway, I am going to see if I can make it work with some of the guidelines you have set. Cheers!

PriceTag 12 yrs ago
oh wow, hats off to you :) Thanx again for the chat.

GemmaW 12 yrs ago
PriceTag, I am having the same issues as you, except mine's already 7!

Cara, for further help, what would you do if your 7 year old refuses to eat his dinner properly at the table and keeps running off, spending close to an hour finishing it off?

What happens if your 7 year old refuses to do his homework for the next day?

What happens if you have to put your baby to sleep and your 7 year old purposely makes a lot of noise to wake baby up?

What if you have a naughty corner or asks him to go to his room but he refuses and comes out screaming each time?

I've resorted to doing the following:-

If she doesn't eat. Dinner is taken away from her after 30 minutes. This worries me though because she's already so thin.

If she doesn't brush her teeth, I tell her she can go to school with smelly breath.

If she doesn't change into her school uniform, she goes to school in her pyjamas.

If she misses the school bus, she can explain to her teacher why the very next day.

If she doesn't do her homework, I tell her she can hand it in blank, but I almost always give in because I get worried.

But making noises while I'm putting baby to sleep - that I find really difficult to manage.

I agree with Pricetag, hats off to you, Cara. I'm struggling.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad