Which Kindergarten has higher chance to get into CIS?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by lolo32 11 yrs ago
Hello, I would like to seek you parents advice, to which kindergarten could offer a better ground and higher chance to get into good international school like CIS? I heard that (the private mandarin teacher for my son who is now 3 years old) told me that, if my son stays with current kindergarten, it will not offer any chance as they will skip the application and dont look at it, as it is famous to know this kind of kindergarten doesnt teach much, just play, although school fee is almost the most expensive.

Then suggest me to find a better kindergarten for him, do you have any suggestion? any one in Kowloon Tong is good? I applied Victoria for him but rejected when he was 2.

Your advice please

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkwaffle 11 yrs ago
Hi Lolo32

Which kindergarten is your son in?

More depends on your son, rather than the kindergarten he is in, but it does count. If your son is 3, you need to apply to CIS later this year, so any switch won't really be worthwhile at this stage.

If you are looking at other schools, they may prefer different kindergartens.

It's hard to give general advice. If you'd like to PM me or give more specific info, you may get more specific advice.

All the best!

Katetam 11 yrs ago
Braemar Hill Kindergarten....but I heard, just to get the application form, you need to show your financial statement.

And if you have a debenture and it depends on your son's performance in the interview and assessment. Not just about the kindergarten.

WWcC 11 yrs ago
I dont think it really matters what kindergarten your child attends but obviously if you want a good Intl school you either need good english or good mandarin. I've just been through this very annoying process of getting into a primary school. There are lots of people out there 'claiming' to be able to help you get into a particular school but in my experience there are only two ways to get the school you want : 1. know someone in the school that can get your application approved or 2. what your job is. The more money you / your husband earns the better chance of the school of your choice. The whole system is crazy but that's how it works in HK. I've seen so much proof of this in how kids got selected for Primary schools. Even debentures only guarantee kids interviews so that if the people who buy are not who the schools want, then they just fail them.

I would tend to agree with your tutor. A lot of kindergarten's are just money spinners, poor quality teachers and most parents have no idea what their kids do at these classes, as they are working and helper takes them there. Decide what you want, ask the kindergarten questions and plan ahead therefore the kindergarten your child is at now will be beneficial for choices for primary, although be prepared to have a few options.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad