1 year old baby with constipation problem

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by blackpearlhk 10 yrs ago
hi, my son is 1 year old now having lots of constipation problem. he stool is always hard like round small balls. he pushes so much and cries alot. some time stool leaks in soft form from hard stool. we are feeding him Heinz cereal. what ever he eats gets constipated. we have tried alot proune juice and other jucies as well. we are giving DUPHALAC syrups also. Any good mediacation or syrups to make less constipated.

I appreciate for any comments

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
little gems 10 yrs ago
He needs to drink more water.

Avoid prepackaged baby food.

Give him steam pear. No apple or banana sin e that makes it worse.

Try baby prebiotics

blackpearlhk 10 yrs ago
thanks for your reply.

yes we giving him water mix with prune juice,

what is baby prebiotics and where to get them.

and suggestion for liquid syrup for constipation.

thanks

little gems 10 yrs ago
Malka: please don't scare the poster.

However, I do think you should visit a paedatrician (can't spell) for expert advice, and also to keep a food diary of what your baby is drinking.

Xshoequeen 10 yrs ago
I remember that your older son had a problem too. I am not criticizing you at all, just sharing what I do when both my kids have the same problem. As little gems suggested, keep a log on what food intake and how much they drink. I would also revisit the lists of good that triggers constipation etc.

But, if you're gut feeling says you need to see a doctor, go for it! At this stage, if I were you, I would go to one of those places that does tests to see if the child has any hidden allergies, etc. I forgot the name of the service but, do know they do it OT&P.

Good luck!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad