Childproof Windows

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Yogini 17 yrs ago
I would be interested to hear how you childproofed your windows.

We have these large baywindows and our toddler tends to climb up and bangs on the window. There is always someone with him but sometimes he is so quick if left out of sight for a few seconds.

I was thinking of installing an alarm system on all the windows but this would only help if he would try to open a window.

There are no bars available for the type of windows we have. Did anyone had some custom made and installed?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
dizzydog 17 yrs ago
my brother has a car tinting business (overseas) and he uses different types of "films" which is applied to windows which can make the glass somewhat shatterproof. so in the event of a crash, at least the shards are stuck to the film and not flying everywhere. if its strong enough to hold up in an impact, it might work for your situation too.

i have seen people with these films on their apartment windows in hk. but i have no idea where to get them from though.

dizzydog 17 yrs ago
the films also have an anti-glare and UV block function too, thus come in different shades. some also act like one-way mirrors (i.e. can see out, but people can't see in). you can apply them yourselves, but you'd need a lot of elbow grease, a hairdryer and a scraper to get rid of the bubbles and creases.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad