ear piercing

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sunita26 16 yrs ago
hi i wanted to do my daughter ear any one know good shop where i can do her ear piercing not very pain

give me add or phone no pls

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
sunita26 16 yrs ago
u know any shop pls tell me the shop name

katclarke 16 yrs ago
Sunita, go to Isabella, they are very good and have a great after-care service. They are a chain so should have shops all over HK but the one I know (and have used myself) is the one in Queensway Plaza in Admiralty (hope it is still there as I went several years ago). Hope this helps

sunita26 16 yrs ago
thanks i will find out

katclarke 16 yrs ago
sunita, here's the webpage - they are still in QUeensway (and Mongkok & CWB)

http://www.isabella-asia.com/earpiercing1.htm

Vbarnettx 16 yrs ago
I pierced my daughters ears at 3 months old. She took it really well and she couldn't pull on them or get them dirty at that age. When they get older they are so active and into everything, I say the younger the better. Also check your baby's doctors office, alot of them do it now. (atleast here in the USA)

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
Why not wait until they're teenagers and actually want their ears pierced? To each his own but is it really necessary to pierce the ears of babies and toddlers?

788 16 yrs ago
If done before 4-6 weeks old, newborns feel no pain- the tissue is so soft. My sister and I did not even wake up when our ears were pierced at 2 weeks. Its a very common practice in India- has been for centuries. No guns, just a sharpened gold wire is pierced through and knotted in the end. My niece just turned her head in irritation when done at 12 weeks and went right back to sleep.

Wheelymate 16 yrs ago
in singapore, you can go to clinics to get them done.

i got mine done at isabella when i was 7....gosh i really cried but look who's the earring addict now!!!!

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
am with axpatguy on that one - will wait till they are teenages and actually want it done... I asked for my ears to be pierced when I was 13 - hurt like hell.. but same is wheelymate - love my earings now!

cd 16 yrs ago
The Hairdressers on Wyndham St does ear piercings. Both my daughters had theirs done aged 4, I never thought I would let them have it done so young, but they were very sure of what they wanted.

Chalupa 16 yrs ago
Actually, I did my self for both of my daughters when they were

2 weeks old, in the old fashion way, you need to massage and press the nibble

until is no more feeling and then you snap the needle or ear ring.

I’m sure can be painful at any age, but when they are younger is easy to heal since as some one state before less activity so less chance to touch it and get hurt.

However in my country we use an spry call Xilocaine (is an anesthetic in aerosol)

If you wait until they are 13/14 year the skin is harder and they never stop talling you about it

Well good luck with the piercing

specks 16 yrs ago
788 I think you may be in denial! How can a human being not feel pain, at any age! That's like saying a baby boy doesn't feel the pain of being circumcised. I had my ears done when I was old enough to a) make the decision myself and b) pay for it myself. I appreciate some people think it looks good, but I think babies look perfect the way god created them. Why take away that innocent look with piearcing.

ldsllvn 16 yrs ago
agree with specks - baby with earings does not look right to me - but it is a personal and sometimes cultural so have to respect that..

evildeeds 16 yrs ago
I'm on the side of wait until their older myself. I would never do that to my daughter, why does she need earrings at that age anyway! Wait until she wants them when she is older......

Me as a teenager had 6 pierced holes in my ears, and even when older went for a pierced nip, so I remember the pain.........of course all these adornments are long gone!

So no way, nada for my kids......!

788 16 yrs ago
Sunita, not sure how old your daughter is but ear piercing at an older age is best done with the gun where ever it may be. At 18 and 19, I got four more piercings- 2 with the gold worker and 2 with a gun. All 4 of them hurt but the gun is the way to go. It was clean and simple, and I was less scared because it seemed to get over so fast.

Specks, you are free to have an opinion just as I am and others are too, but I would like you not to be rude because you assume the higher moral ground to disagree with mine. If I am in denial then accordingly about a billion of us may be in denial too. The feeling does come as you get older plus you know what fear is too. Thats why its been so traumatic for most of you. Since I have seen babies not even wake up (my sister included) when the ear is pierced through and I was not traumatized by my own, I must wonder.... why western opinion is more right or that you understand pain better?

And I find it very strange to compare circumcision to ear piercing specially when done on the ear lobe. There is a reason local anesthesia is given for circumcision and not for ear piercing. Next time it would be woman defacing (which does happen in India, not denying that) is same as ear piercing.

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
"How can a human being not feel pain, at any age! "

The nervous system is not fully developed at a very young age. Same with dogs who don't feel their tails cut off when a couple of days old.

"Sunita, not sure how old your daughter is but ear piercing at an older age is best done with the gun where ever it may be. At 18 and 19, I got four more piercings- 2 with the gold worker and 2 with a gun. All 4 of them hurt but the gun is the way to go. It was clean and simple, and I was less scared because it seemed to get over so fast."

Also it's going to be straight with the gun. Doing it yourself may lead to a crooked hole.

sunita26 16 yrs ago
Thanks for all good opition and good advies thanks for all ladys my daughter r 8y 7y and when ever i done i also like the gun thing less pain coz i know goldwire thing hurt so much

once again thanks for all godd word for my kids

any one pls tell where in hk they with gun

katclarke 16 yrs ago
Isabella only pierces with a gun!

specks 16 yrs ago
I never assumed a higher moral ground, but each to their own. I have seen little ones have their ears pierced before and they cried, so I am going by my own observations. I certainly wasn't meaning to be rude, maybe it is a culture thing that you would be offended by the comment. I also never alluded to western opinion being more correct than any other . But as I said before, god created beautiful little human beings that are perfect

L142sEnToSa 16 yrs ago
I know i'm really late in posting... i just saw this on google, and i thought i needed to contribute.

Don't go to isabella, and don't have people pierce with a gun.

This article should explain it.

http://www.namaii.com/suck/

in addition to that, I've had friends who have had lobe piercings since they were babies... When they were babies, the placement of the earring was fine. However, as they grew, their ears grew, and the placement really got messed up. She now refuses to wear earrings because one hole is too high and one hole is too low.

and many of you were voicing concerns about the pain factor. Guns inflict more pain than professional needle-piercings. Think carefully before you pierce your daughter's ears: would she still like the weirdly placed earring when she grows older? Would she have chosen not to have pierced her ears at all?

cd 16 yrs ago
If they're in the wrong place when they're older then you just let them close up and redo them, its no big deal. I pierced my own ears when I was 14, one of them I did in the wrong place, so I let it close up and then redid it.

I also had them done a couple of years ago as an adult, and yes it hurt but only for about 30 seconds, its really not a big deal. My only concern with really young babies having it done, is that maybe they'll grab hold of their ears and pull them out, but even that seems hardly ever to happen.

Also the comment about their ears growing and the holes becoming in the wrong place would then be true at whatever age you got them pierced as the ears are the only part of the body that keep growing all through your life apparently.

funbobby 16 yrs ago
"Also the comment about their ears growing and the holes becoming in the wrong place would then be true at whatever age you got them pierced as the ears are the only part of the body that keep growing all through your life apparently."

but certainly not to the extend they grow from infancy to adulthood...

I'd have to agree with the belief that, aside from cultural practices, it should be a personal choice for the child at whatever age they can make the decision.

L142sEnToSa 16 yrs ago
Yes. I agree that it's a personal choice.

if the placement is wrong, and the earring has been healed for a long time already, it might not close up, or worse, it might leave a huge ugly scar.

Think before you pierce. and NEVER with a gun.

-sa 16 yrs ago
Ear piercings can close fairly quickly specially if you do not wear earrings for long. A lot of boys of my father's generation in India also got their ears pierced as a babies and wore earrings as little boys. None of my uncles or my father have any major scars on their ears and their holes are closed. Mine were pierced as an infant too, my holes are perfect as an adult. But they were not done with a gun instead with a sharp gold wire.

kar 16 yrs ago
Last month, my daughter had her ears pierced with a gun for her 8th birthday. She didn't cry, said it pinched only a little and has been perfectly fine with it. She's looking forward to changing earrings in two weeks time.

sunita26 16 yrs ago
hi kar can u give me the add of the shop pls or phone no

L142sEnToSa 16 yrs ago
i give up on this thread full of narrow minded parents.

Honestly, how many times do i have to say it? Piercing guns are bad.

Although people have been able to successfully heal they're gunned piercings, the rate of complications are far higher than piercings done with a sterilized, hollow medical needle.

It's kind of like saying: Most drunk drivers get home fine... but that doesn't mean that it is low risk, and it certainly doesn't mean that it is the right thing to do.

The risks are far many to list here, but unsterile equipment, cross-contamination, blunt trauma, allergic reactions are just a few to name.

here are some reading materials:

http://www.homiegfunk.com/gunssuck.htm

http://www.safepiercing.org/FAQ.html (Scroll down to: What is the APP POSITION on Stud Guns?)

And here's a piercee's bill of rights (What every client should expect from their piercer.)

http://www.safepiercing.org/rights.html

CNN report on how a gun piercing infected several people because of unsterile equipment. Although it only mentions ear cartilage piercings, that doesn't mean that this type of infection cannot happen on lobes.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/02/25/piercing.dangers.ap/index.html

please read the URLs listed above. As a victim of a piercing gun, I really want to educate others before it is too late.

cd 16 yrs ago
To funbobby, the ears carry on growing remark was fairly tongue in cheek!

To l142sentosa, when you go to a reputable piercing place, they will advise you that there is more risk of infections with piercings in certain places, ear cartlidge and tongues being 2 of them, and more aftercare is needed.

thousands of people get their ears pierced everyday using the gun, and have done since it became popular 20 odd years ago. The amount of people that have a problem is miniscule, and most infections are due to lack of cleaning afterwards not the gun.

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
"i give up on this thread full of narrow minded parents."

Yeah that'll get people to change their minds...

I agree with cd, thousands of piercings are done with a gun every day with few issues.

"CNN report on how a gun piercing infected several people because of unsterile equipment. "

How is that the gun's fault?

L142sEnToSa 16 yrs ago
axptguy38: it is the gun's fault because a gun is made of plastic, and therefore cannot be autoclaved. Only through an autoclave can something be totally sterile. Alcohol does not get rid of Hepatitis or HIV. You might argue that the single use capsules only touch the ears, but if the piercer touches the contaminated gun, then contaminates your ear, then makes a wound in your ear, you now have a pathogen in you (it's called cross-contamination).

cd: Yes, it's true that an earlobe is less prone to infections than other body parts, but it does not mean that the risk is totally eliminated. Guns are traumatic, and rips/crushes through the tissue, which means that it will have to take longer to heal, leaving a larger window of opportunity for an infection. In addition to that, the "butterfly backing" on a regular stud is the perfect place for bacteria and dead skin cells to thrive (also perfect for hair to get stuck.)

Although most people think that they have infections, it is probably just an allergy to the earrings. "Surgical" stainless steel is just a marketing term, and was "invented" by a cutlery company to make their cutlery sound cleaner. "Medical grade" titanium (which isabella uses) is not an industry standard at all, which means you have no idea what is inside the jewelry. What you're looking for is Implant grade stainless steel or Implant grade titanium (which is the quality of what doctors use when you need screws inside your leg or an artificial bone implanted in your body.) There are people who get their ears gunned, and are never able to heal it (even after years.) When they let them heal over, and re-pierce them with a needle and proper jewelry, they heal perfectly with no fuss at all.

Perhaps this might be of interest to you.

http://tattoo.about.com/od/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

or this. someone who had lobes pierced and had a massive infection.

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A31111/earproof.html

There should be no room for cutting corners with people's health.

kar 16 yrs ago
Sunita26: Sorry, I had her ears pierced when we were back in the US for her sister's university graduation.

kevinnov09 14 yrs ago
What is the age of your daughter ?

http://oakgem.com/Categories/Earrings_0.aspx

lovetc 14 yrs ago
10y

jassy67 14 yrs ago
My daughter had them done at 2yrs, 3 months.

She was always playing with my earrings and holding them to her ears. That went on for about 5 months. I said to her when we go to Canasda, if you still want it we will do there. I told her it will be owy (hurt) a little and then go away. WE were in the mall a few times and I took her and showed her. Finally the 3rd time she wanted it done. For young kids, they do the 2 ears at the same time. She cried for about 1 minute and was off running around in the mall. She is now 4 years old and loves having them and changin them every week. She has about 15 pairs to select from.

lovetc 14 yrs ago
where you done pls give me shop name and add

axptguy38 14 yrs ago
As posted already in this thread, try Isabella. They have several shops in HK, including Queensway Plaza. They know what they're doing.

mdm85263 14 yrs ago
my 14-month old daughter got her ear pierced when she was a day old, right before we were released from the hospital after the delivery. it was a common thing in the philippines.

it was done manually by the nurse in just a second.(the earrings are hypo-allergenic) she cried just a bit. we never had problem since. i even change her earrings once in a while.

just be sure that it will be done the safest way.

... lot of people here in hk are fascinated with my daughter's earring, it adds charm to her.

...just sharing

be blessed everyone!

chinnyx2 14 yrs ago
I am also interested in piercing my baby as I am pregnant now.

Yes, I would like do it when my baby is few days old if it is possible.

Does HK dr also offer or anywhere to do?

Thank you!

axptguy38 14 yrs ago
Call Isabella and check if they pierce babies. http://www.isabella-asia.com/index.asp

Our youngest was 2 when she did it, so not really a baby anymore.

nckany 13 yrs ago
You want to look for procedures that are safe and sterile like the one used here.

http://www.ivyleaguepediatrics.com/services/ear-piercing/

patmichnic 13 yrs ago
Just to share, I think is better tto have gold earings for babies.

My daughters and me as well because of culture had the lobe piercing since new born. None of us have had any problem.

qmsze 9 yrs ago
Both my daughters did their ear lobe pierce at boom tattoo,The shop is hygiene.It cost only 100/pair.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad