Adventist Hospital

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by NLW2 17 yrs ago
Hi,

I know there are many threads on the subject and have read them but some are very old. Just wanting to hear from people who have delivered their babies at the Adventist. How did you find the the following-

Quality of care by nursing staff?

Food?

Rooms?

Any other comments.

I will be having a c-section so would also like to know how they handled post op pain relief/care.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 17 yrs ago
Sorry we dont allow negative comments about people or businesses on the forums - if you have a negative experience please use the Control Panel message system to communicate with others.

firsttimemom 17 yrs ago
I'd rate everything very good. Pain management is up to your doctor. I had VERY good pain management, and my anaesthetist prescribed anti-itch treatment to stop a possible reaction from the anaesthesia (which I know someone didnt get at the same hospital), so the meds are down to the doctors you choose.

Room was good, they had no ward, so upgraded me to semi private. Nurses were excellent, very pro b/f. All in all, I had a good experience there.

Chrispy06 17 yrs ago
I gave birth at the Adventist in Oct-06 and I had a C-section too. Like firsttimemom said, pain management is up to your doctor; but even if your doctor did not arrange pain killers or injection for you; if you feel you need some you can always tell the nurse and they will check with your doctor and act accordingly.

The staff there are very helpful and polite and friendly. The nurses are very good on helping me on Breastfeeding and all of them speak good English.

I stayed in a private room, it was spacious and clean, and you can add one more bed for your hubby or a friend to stay. It also has a TV and a DVD player, plus there is wireless broadband (I had my laptop with me and it was good as for C-section u have to stay for 5 nights!).

Adventist is keen on vegetarian food so most of the items on the menu are veggies, but they also prvoide a wide range of food (international cusine). I am not so picky on food so I think the food there is pretty good.

I went to a few private hospitals before I settled on Adventist - I chose it over Matilda - they are equally good but I think Adventist is better equipped for medical complication.

Hope it helps.

firsttimemom 17 yrs ago
Oh, I liked the food. And its quite reasonably priced. I had oats and eggs for bfast everyday and different chinese food for lunch and dinner, as did my family. Also the jelly was nice!

LOL.

NLW2 17 yrs ago
Thanks for the comments sounds really positive.

Did either of you have a regulated pain relief drip (the sort you can push the button yourself) for the first 24/36 hours?

I had a really bad experience with the epidural for my first. Did you get your epidurals sitting upright or lying down?

Chrispy06 17 yrs ago
I had the epidural lying down and I didn't have any discomfort. Who's ur OB?

For the first 24 hours I had painkiller thru IV drip with the drug to help uterus contraction; but not the one with the button tho.

firsttimemom 17 yrs ago
I had the epi lying down. Similar deal to Chrispy06, painkillers through IV drip, as with antibiotics. No button. Once they removed the drip I had oral painkillers, and I took home a whole bunch too. I was quite comfortable.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad