Really angry mum next door

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tlamnz 10 yrs ago
Our new neighbours moved in about a month ago. Met them a couple of time in the elevator and they seemed like a normal family.

Caught the MTR with the Dad a few times he seems like a nice guy. So good so far right. However, we have serious concerns on how the mum is treating her kids.

She is constantly screaming at her kids, like all day long, starting from 6am and well into the night.

I don't think she is physically abusing her kids but from what I can hear she just yells at her kids if they don't do what they were told.

For example, she will be doing some spelling exercises with her kids, and if her kids get one wrong, she will going from 0 to super angry and yell at them.

I think all she must be tired from all the yelling and the kids may be emotionally scared too...

I think I should do something but don't know how to approach this as it is a very sensitive issue...

Any suggestions please?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Slammy 9 yrs ago
You could approach the mother yourself if you think you are super tactful. Make some offhand remark, almost in a joking manner, about the noise that you can hear. Perhaps that will embarrass her and prevent her screaming so loudly at the kids in future.

Other than that, you can call the police and tell them to go around.

Xshoequeen 9 yrs ago
Screaming at children won't help and it is true that it will catch your worry as well but, before taking any measurements, please do weigh this carefully as they are your neighbours and you will judge their parenting. It's a very very mixed feeling being on the recipient side. I would suggest to get to know her first and maybe she might open up with her frustration.

3 weeks ago, I took my kids to their activity. I had the aircon in the car full blasting as it was a hot day and by the time we got there 20 minutes earlier, inside the car was pretty chilled. My younger one fell asleep and the older one really needed to go to the bathroom so I took her in a hurry with windows and doors closed, parked in a shade and it was less than 5 minutes. My son gets rashes when he gets mosquitoe bites so I had to have the windows closed. But, when I came back to the car, the door was fully open by a "concerned parent" who told me off the dangers of overheating in children as if I did not know. All I could say was sorry, I will be careful just to get this dad off my back. My son wasn't sweating at all and guess what, thanks to the dad who opened the car door without my permission, my son's rashes from the mozzie bites from that day when the door was open has become marks as he was really attacked.

I do agree that it is dangerous to leave a child like that but, I knew what I was doing. As a mother, I judged that instead of my daughter wetting her underwear, I need to leave my son who was sleeping as it is and knowing that it won't become steamy hot in 5 minutes, I made the choice of protecting him from the mozzies ( yes, we did not put protection that day as it was unthinkable, my bad). I understand that that concerned parent had every reason to be concerned but, I wished that he would have let it go as mothers do not intentionally put their precious ones in danger.

beezeebody 9 yrs ago

I have heard of lovers (not recently) who made love comfortably in the aircon car in some remote places. The next day, they were found dead and naked and appeared on the headlines because they were led into coma and perished by carbon monoxide.

I am saying this as if you do not know at all. Nobody or this dad will not know when you are returning. Better to get those bites than to be in coma. Accidents do happen.

NO offence intended.

IBLIT 9 yrs ago
I feel sorry for her children. I work with children and have never raised my voice with the laziest. Life is hard enough for children here so why make it worse?

KittyChan 9 yrs ago
My neighbor always yell at her daughter as well. I feel sorry for that girl and find it torturing to hear yelling all the time. However, it is inappropriate to mind others' family business... So, there is not other ways besides hope for the best.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad