Infantile Anorexia

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sampaguita 10 yrs ago
I believe my Grandson of 2 and half years old is suffering from a Feeding Disorder. Went to see his Paed and he thinks nothing is wrong with him as he can play actively. But his pants is already 2 fingers lose and now he stop drinking milk. I want to ask for a second opinion. My heart hurt so much seeing him not eating.. Pls help me

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Queenofasia 10 yrs ago
They say children will not starve themselves, but as parents we can not help but worry when our children does not eat anything for days. My two years old girl has been on a hunger strike since January. She still drinks milk though. It is quite common for children at that age to not want to eat, it is not an eating disorder. If he is not lethargic and still as active as he once was, everything should be ok. Try to give him children's multivitamin to fill in the nutritional gaps.That being said...I spend hours a day feeding my little one. Here a couple of tricks i use to get mine to eat. I distract her with a video on the iPad. To make it educational I also ask her about what's going on in the video. I offer her different types of snacks. Cereals such a Cheerios and oatmeal squares are great because of they are low in sugar and has extra vitamins. I try not to make eating traumatizing, because then she will really have a disorder when she is older. If she doesn't want to eat I will stop. I continue to offer her new and old food that she has rejected. My niece who was also a terrible eater change turn around when she went to preschool. Seeing other kids eat also helps. My doctor offered me an appetite stimulant but I rejected. I didnt believe it was servere enough for that kind of intervention. Good luck. If you want to talk about it more you can pm me.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad