Spearmint Tea

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jasponyx 9 yrs ago
Anyone know where to get spearmint tea? I checked out a shop in Sai Ying Pun which sells tea leaves. The lady there wasn't familiar with "spearmint" so she had to google translate the word and came up with a translation that read "bohe". She then offered me a big bag of tea leaves labeled "menthae halpocalycis follium". I didn't take it and decided on to research on this scientific name. Apparently what I was offered wasn't spearmint and spearmint's scientific name is "mentha spicata".
I need to take spearmint tea since they say it's good for someone who has PCOS. A chinese translation would also be very helpful. Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
regencyspices 9 yrs ago
Hi, couldn't help but notice this post online as we sell spearmint flakes (not tea). Mint comes in many forms, usually peppermint, field mint, mint julep, sometimes spearmint, but there are some 50+ varieties.

Anyway, have you tried looking for the herb spearmint? Some will be going under the name Mint, but as you know the botanical name, you can make sure it's the right one for you!

As traders ourselves, we know these herbs often get mixed up with some cheaper (similar looking) ones to keep costs. The best way to make sure you're not getting duped goods is to buy ones with a high volatile oil %, which is only possible with the true herb. Spearmint is around 2 - 2.5% when pure and current season if I remember correctly.

You're also most welcome to buy from us! We're at Regency Spices.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad