Western Style Butchers in Hong Kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jglenblake 14 yrs ago
Hi there, I am a Canadian living here in Hong Kong for 8 years and have been trying to get butchers here to cut meat like back home. They are trying hard but it is just not the same. Can anyone tell me if there are any butchers here in Hong Kong that would cut both pork and beef like in North America?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 14 yrs ago
http://www.meatmarket.com.hk/home.php?xid=f20b4d1fa2388ffec7f23acc455e9673

jglenblake 14 yrs ago
Thanks for the reply Ed... I had a look at that site, seems you have to buy things either in bulk or in a size that would feed more than my wife and I haha. I will call and see if I can get the cuts I want and just what bulk means when buying steaks and chops. Thanks again.

abalonely 14 yrs ago
Try the TC Deli in Hang Hau:

http://tcdeli.com/tcdelishop/home/

RogueGym 14 yrs ago
Hi my fellow Canadian friend, I am from Toronto. And just move to Hong Kong for almost 2 years. I used to get my meat at Costco and even Loblaws have better meat cuts than the Hong Kong butchers. The thing is most Chinese butchers here are custom to those Chinese cooking meat cuts, so they have no idea when we try to tell them for certain meat cuts from the western point of view. However, the Citi-Super (quite expensive) will have better meat cuts, but then somehow, I have to tell them what to do too. For example, there is this one time I asked them to give me a half a fillet of the Salmon - they did not seem to understand why don't I need them to fillet it for me (Well, I purchased half a Salmon to show my class how to fillet a Salmon at home), and I was trying to explain to the worker that I do not need them to do anything, just pack half fillet of Salmon for me ... so much confusion and some of them just so used to do things a certain way in Citi-Super ... And I do my own cleaning of the meat anyways ... as like for the Lamb Rack, I clean the bones myself to make it FRENCH ...

Zim-kate 14 yrs ago
Hi

You can also visit Pacific Gourmet at Horizon Plaza which imports meat from Australia and cuts it for the customer in the shop. Also fish. You can visit the website and download the price list to give you an idea of cuts they have.

http://www.pacificgourmet.com.hk.

I work for an associated company that sells the same product online but as you want a more personal service I'd recommend visiting Pacific Gourmet.

Best

Katie

jglenblake 14 yrs ago
Thanks everyone I will be checking out all the suggestions :o)

Carol Huang 13 yrs ago
Check out www.porterhouse.com.hk From our experience, they have the most amazing steaks and meats in HK.

Bepo 11 yrs ago
Wow jglenblake, there is an iconic shop in Happy Valley called MEATMASTER it has been around for at least 20 years. I suppose that it is pure coincidence that an online shop subsequently chooses the uses the name Meatmarket and offers a "Meatmaster" series. Assuming imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this may speak volumes for MEATMASTER. Anyway, as a loyal customer, you can call them on 25746958. The shop is a supplier of USDA beef. Within two minutes walk of the shop, you will find Pacific Gourmet, El Bel Paese, and Chika, which specializes in Japanese products only.

Happy hunting.

hernancasmat 8 yrs ago
Hey there! Thanks for allow us to post and thanks for sharing!

El Toro :: Delivers to your door grass fed beef from Argentina. Also you can find some beef recipes to have fun cooking at home!

www.eltoro.hk

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad