how to do "mango sago"

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by crystal88 19 yrs ago
Hello,

I've tried this dessert at the dimsum restaurant, just like mango sago but they put more fruits like strawberry, pomelo, etc. Anyone knows what the "soup" is made of? thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
lianz 19 yrs ago
not sure whether this is the one you mentioned. i got this from somewhere recipes..never try before :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/chinapanda/es_buah_santan.jpg

recipes :

500cc coconut milk

100gr sugar

1/4 tsp salt

pandan leaves/vanilli

Methods:

Mix all ingredients, boil in small fire till cooked , let it cool

mix with fruits' cubes

my advice, for health concious, replace part of coconut milk and sugar with water+condensed milk..

lianz 19 yrs ago
oh i tried the recipe today. i mixed coconut milk with creamer ( brand carnation ).. not sure the ratio, just based on my taste. and i use honeydew..( ha mi gua ). next time i gonna use watermelon and other fruits. somehow i feel this ha mi gua give slightly bitter taste to the "soup" but so far so good.

crystal88 19 yrs ago
Thanks lianz, it doesn't look the same, the one i tasted is not creamy, really a "soup" cold, there's a lot of small sago in it. Though i will try your recipe, looks yummy too!

lianz 19 yrs ago
i made it again for the second time since the first time turned out great.. yes it's not creamy because i use very little amount of coconut milk and more on creamer and water. i dont really like the creamy coconut milk on sago. add fruits after it cools down. few hours in fridge will make the dessert taste better because the fruits' flavor blend with the soup.

vvv 19 yrs ago
Hi crystal,

The dessert you had is called "yeung chi kum lou" in Cantonese. I have not made it but I have seen people make it in a dessert shop. They use a blender and blend mango with coconut cream and possibly some other cream that is not so thick. That's the "soup". You can then boil some sago seeds and add them to the "soup" together with pomelo bits and mango too.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad