Repair for sound system after plugging wrong voltage

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by liubei 8 yrs ago
Hello everyone, I just brought back a Vizio soundbar from the U.S. over Christmas. After unpacking it excitedly, I made the Freshman mistake of not check voltage, and plugging it directly into a power socket. I heard a loud pop, and now the soundbar appears to be dead. Ironically, I had a voltage converter sitting on the floor 10 feet away. Does anyone know a show where I could get this repaired? If not seems like a waste to trash it. Thanks for your help,

-Liu

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
JennyTalia 8 yrs ago
You COULD check out the FUSE... but almost certainly it will require a lobotomy to restore functionality. .

liubei 8 yrs ago
I would just like to find a repair shop that can look at it. I am sure it would require some disassembly, but hopefully nothing complicated...

C 8 yrs ago
Depends on your location, you can find some local repair guys who can take a look and fix for nominal fee. I know there's one in Quarry Bay and possibly around Sai Wan Ho, there is no fixed address or name I can provide but their storefronts are filled with electronics in various states of dis/repair. Cost is ~$50 for simple fix.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad