Internet speed

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by peekaboo 15 yrs ago
Anyone using Smartone broadband - 3.6Mbps download / 2Mbps upload ?

Is the speed slow?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
black-virusss 15 yrs ago
If it's really 3.6Mbps download / 2Mbps upload

Then it's good enough!!! :)

axptguy38 15 yrs ago
Agreed with black-virusss. Those speeds are quite enough.

However note "if it's really". This is a crucial point, as those figures are theoretical maximums. For most wireless services, "theoretical maximum" translates to "wishful thinking". How much actual speed you will get is a good question.

Highway-9 15 yrs ago
Published BB speeds are usually optimistic.

Many things determine the speed including Windows settings, modem settings, connecting cables and distance from the DSLAM (device that applies the signal on telco systems).

Go to < http://www.speedtest.net/ > to get a handle on your speed.

If your signal is from a cable TV system speeds will lower in the daytime.

Sud 15 yrs ago
I am smokin' with the new Sierra Wireless on 1010- have achieved up to 15Mbps downlink.

tigerbay 15 yrs ago
Hey Sud

Some days I can be below 15Kbps on my 10Mbps service LOL

Ken A 15 yrs ago
On top of what's been said above... it also depends on what you're doing..... if you're just surfing the web downloading stuff, then the better the download speed the faster it will be.....

if you're looking to play online with your xbox 360 for example upload speed is important too.... Having said that with Now broadband I'm supposed to be on 8MBs but I'm lucky if I ever get above 3.... and that's with or without the Now TV box switched on

rasbro 15 yrs ago
why not go for the (smartone) new wireless broadband modem they have? 7MB down 2MB up, if you get half that you will still be doing well, and only 150HKD a month, comes with phone service as well.

tigerbay 15 yrs ago
The wirelss modem will give you potentially 7MB up to you wall socket.

Beyond that you are limited by the slowest part of the network.

Where I live this can be very low. But in this case the wirelss would not be the limiting factor.

parthahelp 10 yrs ago
Good enough,

For me Download speed-20.047mbps Upload speed-6.043mbps I checked my internet speed using http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ What do you think about my internet speed?

davidking 10 yrs ago
smartone is the best mobile network in hk..

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad