cafe liegeois coffee machine --- any good?

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by divalicious 15 yrs ago
been looking to buy a coffee machine and was wondering if there are any thoughts or reviews on the cafe liegeois coffee machine that is being sold at taste or park n-shops.

i was orginally sold on nespresso and i know it's a great machine, but saw that this cafe liegeois also has tea pods/soft pads. i read somewhere that unlike the nespresso which makes 1 pod at a time, the cafe liegeois can make 1 or 2 pods/pads, and you can in fact make the chinese ying yang beverage (coffee/tea mix) just by using one of each pod.

can anyone pls tell me what they think of this machine. can you use a big/standard coffee mug to fit under the spouts or can it only fit a small espresso cup? how easy is it to operate, clean and maintain...

basically -- is this any good??

thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
suraj.sj 15 yrs ago
I cannot express much of cafe liegos maintenance or care...but i could definitely vouch for the fact that an espresso made by a nespresso machine is well beyond what i think the liegos machine produces.

If u havent gotten ur machine yet i'd say go for the nespresso ones...its around the same price as liegos and its better on quality and if u are concerned about the maintenance and cleaning..nespresso is quite good for tht too...however it is limited by the fact that it only does coffee...doesnt do any tea...cannot make the ying yang drinks and hard to fit much morw than an espresso cup or smal coffee mug under the spout...if u want smth tht has the tea features as well..i think liegos is probably better

Hope this helps

Ed 15 yrs ago
I bought a Jura Impressa C5 from Pacific Coffee some months ago - very happy

axptguy38 15 yrs ago
"hard to fit much morw than an espresso cup or smal coffee mug under the spout.."

Agree with this complaint about Nespresso. But that's my only complaint. Love our machine and use it multiple times daily.

divalicious 15 yrs ago
i know that there is the new nespresso machine where the cup holding shelf can flip up so you can put a proper mug under there... great attraction! but still keen to hear about anyone who has actualy tried the liegos machine. it's actually less then half the price of the nespresso but pods i presume are same price. also they have so many varieties it seems.

tried the coffee from nespresso and have to admit -- it's really nice.

Phil.it 15 yrs ago
Hi Divalicious,

Like you, I have been wondering how good could be a coffee machine that is only half the price of Nespresso.

I had been using Nespresso for a few years back in Europe, and coffee was ok, though it was expensive and not really environmentally friendly.

I visited a friend 2 weeks ago who served me a very good coffee, perfect crema, good body and aroma.... from Cafe Liegeois machine...

I then bought one, and I am now using it daily.

My favorite flavor is Magnifico , my wife's is Dessert.

I have to say I am very satisfied, and I discovered there is even a coffee powder kit

that fits my machine.

Phil

divalicious 15 yrs ago
hi Phil

thanks for the information! can i ask , how is the cafe liegeois machine to clean? i presume you can only buy the coffee/tea pods at park-n-shop?

thanks heaps!!

Phil.it 15 yrs ago
Dear Divalicious,

Super easy to clean and maintain.

Yes, on sale in Pns stores (or pns.com)

You should just contact them (www.finearomas.com.hk) to taste the coffee...

After all, they are here for that...

shipcastshanghai 15 yrs ago
Hi Divalicious,

Look up" FRANKE COFFEE MACHINES" they make many types of coffee straight from the bean,all you do is press the right button and hey presto.They are not cheap but are the best ,all the others are like toys alongside it.You will not be short of friends if you buy one of these!!!!!!!!

Ginxter 13 yrs ago
Where do you get the pods from for either machine in Hong Kong

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad