HomePhone comment please?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by FrancisYip 15 yrs ago
It largely depends on where you are living and whether your home zone has good Smartone coverage. I recommend you may make a good try as I know if the coverage is really poor, Smartone is willing to refund.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ChrisYuen 15 yrs ago
My cousin is using it now and he lives in MongKok. He commented that there is no difference between it and fixed line.

So maybe you can try.

tsnd938 15 yrs ago
After looking this, it is not bad ideal to have this used to be landline service to convert wireless. I don't think there is any difference, voice call is just a voice call afterall.

MonkLo 15 yrs ago
Its easy, if you want to move the location, you just need to call their cs 24 hours before and you just simply need to do the registration again when you move in the new location.

This is especially convenient to people like me that like to move houses often.

ji1223 15 yrs ago
As HomePhone+ is using Smartone's network, you can see if amyone of your friends is using Smartone, asked them to come to your house and trying to make calls to test the network first.

ywong75 15 yrs ago
I live in HK CWB area......I guess the coverage will be okay

FrancisYip 15 yrs ago
For CWB, usually it will be OK for all operators, but for security sake, I still recommend you to get a Smartone SIM to test the voice quality first.

ywong75 15 yrs ago
Hey rockchu2, I got a friend uses Homephone+, the quality sound pretty ok, and not much different than use landline, the only different is cheaper than PCCW.

Rumi 11 yrs ago
Just got Homephone+ installed and the connection was totally crap!

Had a technician come over to investigate. After a week, smartone replied to me that the phone will not work in my area (TST) due to poor coverage.

They are giving me a refund.

I use my mobile phone (Smartone network) in my flat with no problems, so I don't know what they are talking about.

Very disappointed that I was not informed beforehand that my district has poor coverage. Major hassle and headache cancelling the old phone, installing this one, and now cancelling and looking for a new provider again.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad