How do I save roaming charge ?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Highway-9 15 yrs ago
Get a Skype or Google in-number that forwards to you and buy a local prepaid.

Quit the chat and use SMS!

Read this: < http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/scitech/2009/10/05/D9B4T0N80_us_tec_vonage_calling_app/index.html >.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
chantiffany6 15 yrs ago
If you don't do the IP call, there is call back numbers providing by carriers, so you will send a SMS to carrier, carrier will call you back with connecting your destination number, I remember SMV is *131*phoneno# or something.

ji1223 15 yrs ago
I remember there is also a white list from Smartone if you use their roaming. Any caller display that is out of you white list will immediately transfered to your mail box.

tsnd938 15 yrs ago
Yup, there are a few roaming options you can check with Smartone, call back is one of the options you can save money.

tsnd938 15 yrs ago
For some oversea carriers, now you can see the international roaming that you will not pick up any nonsense calls.

drm888 15 yrs ago
REf Highway-9's comment. SMSs are often more expensive than quick calls while roaming. Depends on the home and roaming provider.

sc123 15 yrs ago
I travel often as well, and the cheapest way to stay in contact is using www.buzzroam.com. Via your online account you can assign a HK number to the card - meaning that you can divert your own mobile number to the HK number and receive calls on your usual number while travelling but not incur any roaming charges. Their prices are a lot better than if you use your HK contract...

abbie77 11 yrs ago
You might try using international roaming sim cards. Personally I use Travelsim - it isn't that expensive (in most countries that I frequently visit incoming calls are free of charge) and with it you can also access internet while being abroad, which is very important for me (I need to check emails on daily basis because of work)

aili_kirsipuu 10 yrs ago
abbie77, I also use TravelSim, not only when i travelled to japan but in erope also:)

Rates. are awesome!!!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad