Repairing PS3 / Playstation 3?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Seulement 15 yrs ago
Hi all,

It appears that the blu-ray drive in my playstation 3 has broken down - games and blu-rays freeze after a few minutes of play. My PS3 is a north american version, and ideal scenario is to get it fixed here with a minimum of downtime. Is there anywhere in Hong Kong where I can go to get the blu-ray drive (I think it's the laser) repaired? Sony Asia told me that they couldn't repair a foreign version (fair enough), but when I asked if he could suggest any options, he said "bring it to Canada" without a hint of irony....yah, let me jump on the MTR and i'll be there in a jiffy.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any assistance!

(located in HK)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 15 yrs ago
The mother lode for consoles is 188 Centre on 188 Wan Chai Road. Ask around in the shops. Given the number of import and modded consoles floating around, I think you will find a solution there.

ranny 11 yrs ago
Hi Seulement,

I know it is a bit silly of me to ask, but have you ever found a blu ray replacement drive?

In the future if you have any problems with your PS3 or even trying to sell your console, please dont hesitate to contact me - 9031 4615

Thank you!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad