Mobile phone - best network in HK?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by SFM 14 yrs ago
Hello, can anyone advise which mobile phone provider has best (or worst) network coverage and reception in Hong Kong ? I am considering getting a deal with free I Phone 4. Any advise from your experience is much appreciated.

Thanks !

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scottc 14 yrs ago
Smartone-vodafone has the best coverage and best service but is expensive.

CSL is very decent midrange. "3" is supposed to be ok also.

Do NOT get any service from PCCW, bad coverage & bad service, price usually higher than CSL or 3. I was burned with terrible mobile phone coverage, and bad broadband service from them. I switched to CSL & Vodasmartone and both are good.

axptguy38 14 yrs ago
I think it depends on where you live, work etc. Personally I've had PCCW for years and always had great reception except in some country park valleys.

SFM 14 yrs ago
Thanks for your advices... sorry to hear conflicting experiences with PCCW; my husband's company is using them and I thought it would be best if I joined the same one, but unsure now...

axptguy38 14 yrs ago
I think it is also quite subjective. I know some people with the same operator in the same building. One is completely satisfied and the other one hates it!

alesi 14 yrs ago
Cheap price may be "peoples" for voice... $28,,,,,, $38 from shops,

However, for 3G and data service, I recommend SMV because the DL speed is quite stable and waste time.... enjoy more time to do other things...

AngelCameron 11 yrs ago
Best network in hong kong is "PEOPLES" which is at very low prices. But now "PEOPLES" network is change into "CMHK" ie: China mobile Hong Kong.

toddly6666 11 yrs ago
Is there a particular provider that works better than others on Lantau Island (specifically Discovery Bay)?

Garland4 11 yrs ago
If you are planning on getting an Iphone 4 why don’t you try Global Call app cause it works just like a normal phone call only a lot more cheaper. As opposed to VoIP apps, Global Call does not use data for phone calls (except for 1Kb to set up the connection). This results in excellent call quality. On top of that, others don’t need the app in order for you to be able to reach them.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad