Best place to fix cracked iPad screen?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Slammy 12 yrs ago
Hi,

Dropped my iPad2 on the floor and now the screen is cracked. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get the screen fixed?

Otherwise I guess I'll head to an Apple Store or maybe the Wanchai computer centre...

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Hugie 12 yrs ago
go to cracked screens r us!

appleguy 12 yrs ago
Cheapest best place I found out is in TST. My few friends recommended that place for iPhone repair. They repair iPad and Macbooks as well and plus provide warranty on there repairs. My iPhone still works great and its over 2 months. here is there no. and contact.

Macwin Technology

Slammy 12 yrs ago
Thanks for that. Went to computer centre and paid $1000.

AppleBun 12 yrs ago
Slammy, which shop did you go to and did they use real Apple parts? 100$ seems to be a good deal, they changed my iPhone 4S screen for 800$ (and its significantly smaller :)

Slammy 12 yrs ago
Hi,

Of course $100 would be a good deal. But I paid $1000! :-)

marnn 11 yrs ago
Hi slammy, was that at wan chai computer centre? Which shop was it? Thx, marianne.

Slammy 11 yrs ago
Hi,

I'm not sure I could recommend that shop because the iPad never worked that well afterwards, such as sometimes buttons would get pressed that weren't really pressed etc. Still using the iPad but it annoys me sometimes when trying to use the touch screen. Maybe the problem would still have occurred if I'd gone to an official Apple shop. That's something I'll never know!

It was second floor of the computer centre, in the middle...

charlie2012 11 yrs ago
Slammy you right about it. We have 3 iPad and our kids broke 2 of them. My wife got one of them the iPad 2 repaired in wan chai computer center which worked for a month only and now the touch panel does not work anymore plus touch sensitivity is very poor. Basically it was used as paper weight :(

When other iPad broke i did some research and I went to Macwin Technology in TST, well there they told me honestly about the difference in a original and a copy touch. This time I choose Original panel as the price difference was not that much and now I can see big difference in quality, my both iPads work great and wished had know about this forum earlier would have same $$ on previous repair.

I always believed in quality stuff (and now my wife also ;)) Guess Macwin guys take good care of Quality. I was very happy with service and got warranty as well from them. Recommend place for iPad and all other apple products repair. Macwin Technology- 64037272 - Look for Lav - http://www.macwintech.com

Thanks

Charlie :)

Slammy 11 yrs ago
Hi, thanks for the contact Charlie. With two kids, I'm afraid we might be needing them again! hahaha, Merry Xmas.

jiminywu 11 yrs ago
Wow! Susie mommy recommended a winner or a repair shop.

I dropped my iPad3 and cracked it bad. I have been trying to get it fixed for a while but didn't trust many of the shops I saw as they wanted to hold onto it. Norman charged me $850, 45 minutes with real apple parts and my cracked screen was fixed while i watced. And Susie mommy was right - while I was there guys from two other shops came by with a MacBook and an iPhone that they dropped off for repair. I'm bringing my wife's cracked iPhone next week - he said 10 minutes to fix a cracked screen. And after I watched him do the job, I feel mvery confident in his ability.

So to better identify the location I took his card

i-fix ultimate repair center, unit 145, second floor immediate left (first stall - tiny).

188 Oriental Shopping Center 188 Wai Chai Rd, 6055-7607 (12:30-10:00).

Sandysand 11 yrs ago
That's complete Bulllshit @ Susie mommy and jiminywu. I work for Apple Hong Kong and I went to checkout this fake shop all the parts were Fake and copy.

Guys you cannot buy Apple original parts without being Authorized Dealer or Apple Technician. i-Fix ultimate repair is selling Copy parts.

I checked their parts carefully all were china made copy parts. I can challenge this company they can show us genuine business account with Apple. Many of my friends have been cheated this way in Wan Chai as they all are Foreigners and don't know much about HK local small shops.

Friends better to go for proper registered company instead of these small shops they all carry copy parts.

onward 11 yrs ago
The cost of the part alone can be compared with an online retalier in order to get a general idea of how much it should now be worth.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Replacement-screen-display/dp/B003UGP2WC

The price stated on the site is based in US dollars I presume.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad