NTSC Xbox 360 -- where to repair or replace?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by magedo 12 yrs ago
Hi, everyone--longtime listener, first-time caller.

Here's the situation: I have an NTSC Xbox 360... an old one, one of the Premium jobbies with an external hard drive, circa 2007 or so. So far, it las lived with me in several different parts of the planet without any trouble. But today, it suddenly started freezing after a few minutes of use.

No luck troubleshooting so far, but if anyone has any solutions, I'm happy to listen.

Most likely, the box has gone to the great big bitmap in the sky. And that means I need to fix it or replace it. So: where can this be done?

I know from a small bit of research that a lot of the boxes here are NTSC-J format, but I'm not at all confident that my NTSC games will work on one of those.

Is there a place on Hong Kong island where one can buy a "regular" NTSC Xbox? What about a place that would repair one? All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
DanUK 12 yrs ago
I'm not sure about repairs, but the best place I've found in HK for imported video games stuff is http://www.play-asia.com/.

Good luck!

Scarletcrow 12 yrs ago
There are a few shops in Golden Shopping Arcade (Sham Shui Po) that offer repairs. I do suggest that you try calling Synnex (Microsoft Official Distributor). I don't have their number but I did take my old Xbox 360 Elite there for repairs when my system RROD'd. I was under warranty then so I wasn't charged a cent.

I have since sold that Elite, owned a black Slim, sold that as well and now own the Star Wars Limited Edition Slim. :)

Oh and besides Play-Asia, try JDJGaming. Really fast shipping and competitive prices too,

http://jdjgaming.ecrater.com/

Good luck as well!

ranny 11 yrs ago
Hi magedo,

I know this is way too late to ask, was your xbox repaired in the end?

If you have problems in the future please dont hesitate to contact me - 9031 4615. Or even if you plan on selling your console would like to place an offer as well.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad