Laptop advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Jupiter105 9 yrs ago
Hi

Advice needed on a potential laptop purchase

I want to buy something that will mirror my desktop computer for when I'm on the road

Primarily it will be used for Outlook email and to run a large Dropbox

I want to buy a laptop that has enough storage so after a year of use it doesn't get slower and after 2 needs replacing

Any suggestions on a brand with a huge amount of processing power and storage that won't need replacing after a year of two ?

TIA

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
manishshah 9 yrs ago
Thanks

KylieYip 8 yrs ago
HP probook series, those are pretty nice

Ed 8 yrs ago
I have been partial to Think Pads ever since a shop owner told me that these seem to be the brand that he sees the least of for repairs....

JennyTalia 8 yrs ago
I bought a Lenovo E440 here - months ago - and upgraded it with further purchases here on AX of 2 x 8GB RAM strips & 512GB Samsung SSD from a CX freighter pilot - and then boosted it up with Windows 10 free of charge.

I'm very satisfied with this E440 model - which is not available any more - Of course I'd like an even faster i7 CPU and a slightly slimmer body (this latter point also refers to my body-shape too ).

If you think you REALLY need a 1GB SSD, there's a choice of two different manufacturers' SSDs being advertised here from "Southside" @ $1900 - but will reduce to $1800 if pressed.

No It's NOT me!

I did consider one, but really can't justify the purchase when my 512GB SSD has masses of space on it!

I concur with "Ed (5 days ago)" - I've had many Thinkpads that lasted & lasted whilst "Off Brands" were found to have limited Life-Expectancy even in my gentle hands.

Go get a Lenovo Thinkpad, the Ideapad (I have tried one model) and was dissatisfied with it as it was built :Down to a price" - and swiftly re-sold it here as it was too slooooow....

My family's Lenovo Netbooks from several years back were retro-fitted with a 160GB SSD & that was a vast improvement in start-up & close-down speeds, and additional RAM helped too!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad