Internet Dropping Out

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by SweetSue 10 yrs ago
We live in a village house duplex in Sai Kung renting out or 1st floor to a tenant, we live on the 2nd floor. The 1st floor has been originally wired for the PCCW modem and wireless router (our Asus brand). We intermittently but regularly have our internet go down on us that requires to power off the units to make them come back on. Which is okay if our tenant (his internet also goes down at the same time as ours) is in to oblige, but a hassle to go outside switching off the main circuit breaker if he is not in. PCCW claims their modem is fine and blames it on the router which we had tested and it's fie new and top of the line. Does anyone know of any other equipment available to remedy this situation?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Wilks 10 yrs ago
I doubt the issue is with PCCW, I've had similar issues with 2 TP Link routers, the new $500 Asus router we have in the office is the same. I inheriteda $600 netgear router 6 months ago and I haven't hadissues anymore...alternatively, you can call ASUS, tell them of your issue, and they may offer you updated / Beta firmware. FYI, I'm using Netgear N600: WNDR3700. and I do a lot of Streaming and BT downloading... simultaneously..

scorpio01 10 yrs ago
i am using PCCW and having more or less the same issues, pages wont open, and will open after refresh,

happening since 6 months or so now, have got replaced Modem and router, and it is still same.

sometimes i have thoughts that some rogue spying agency (read NSA) might have installed some malware in my system... ^_^

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad