Blackberry phone - need advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Gerrers 9 yrs ago
Does anyone use a Blackberry phone? I've just taken delivery of one and am unable to connect to my home wifi which is own router + PCCW netvigator modem.

My network comes up on the list. I click on it and it prompts me to enter my netvigator password, but I get a message "attempt 1 of 3, unable to connect to network". I'm confident the password is correct because other devices connect.

PCCW were helpful but it's not their problem.

Thanks for any help.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ofnpanad 9 yrs ago
Hi,

Have you checked the router settings?

Possibilities:
1) Access Control List in effect so only named devices can connect (name = mac address).
2) Wireless signal only being broadcast in a, b, g or ac mode and your BB doesn't support it.
3) Router password security setting is wrong - it should be set to WPA or WPA2 with PSK (pre shared key).
4) IP range is too low. If you have it set to distribute IP addresses from 10.0.0.1-5, only 4 devices will be able to connect, using 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2 etc. Solution is to increase it to 10.0.0.1-10 or higher, to allow more simultaneous connections.

Hope this helps!

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
I use the BB passport. This kind of thing happens with all phones. Re-start phone, sometimes works, delete the wifi network from BB and then add again. And re-start (power on/off router).
I guess you tried all above; just saying :)

Which model is it from BB ?.

Ive had problems with encrypption keys in past; but it was router issue.
Got a new one now and all works.
But, changing the WPA etc can solve it but may cause other wireless devices, if you have any, to have issues.

I guess you're router supports most Wifi bands so should be ok.

Hope you solve it !

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad