Posted by Green-Catalonia (1022 days ago)
Well, I look forward to that loooong delayed "New site" - I do recall friends telling me that it was promised over a year ago - and knowing how I occasionally struggle in just setting up a re-installation of XP - I try to avoid promising anything till it is "There" for all to see. <Grin>.
Some of the things I'd like to see :
1) Chunky BLACK fonts - not these wishy-washy pale blue/grey ones that strain the eyeballs.
2) Ability to append graphics to the first PM - NOT having to wait till the person replies before one can then send a file / pix etc.
3) Warnings the user that the PM box is approaching "Full" to "overflowing" .. so many times an attachment can't be sent 'cos the user never been advised to "Spring-Clean" their mail-box!
4) Ensuring that the advert "Moderators" do not lose users adverts - and place them into the specified selling area.
We usually get the "wait a bit" whilst we check it offends nobody message, but only VERY infrequently do I see "Advert Approved" messages - even when they are already being displayed.
5) Editing an advert - as I did today - accepted - but surely such adverts should go to the TOP of the stack for the perusal of the readers - not dumped back from whence they came - way down the stack?
6) Black /White listing users would be "nice" even if it doesn't help the user THAt much. Too many times, there's a decided lack of courtesy from the seller - who never advises that the item has "gone".
I always delete any item that has been sold, and advise anyone who wanted it - "Sorry for you, but you're too late". Then there's sellers like CarolinewhChan who was advertising DVDs till they "Fell off the Tracker" - never any response to my many requests to buy. It's persons like that who should be "Black-listed".
As for that person - since she has never responded to my many PMs - I **HAVE** to seek her name in amongst all the "C's" listings - and there are hundreds of them - I bet that a vast majority of the "C"s [along with all the rest of the Alphabeticals] are defunct & only slow up the search for those who might still be logging on very intermittantly.
I know of other websites - like UKNova - where the registered user HAS to log-on before some 45 days or so have passed - or they are booted out, & have to try to re-register having lost all their priviledges by being absent.
It sure is one effective way of purging defunct names from a user list!
Roll on the "New Site" - and let's hope we users are able to bug-hunt - but not for too long. <Grin>. And Let's pray that the measly 6 line "box" I have to type in HERE is made at LEAST 3 times looooonger! <Wish List>
(I am based in Hong Kong)