Hong Kong’s Top Site for Executives | Hong Kong’s Leading Property Site | Hong Kong’s Best Classifieds
Hong Kong
Please select your city
Wednesday, 10/22/2014

when users requested disactive

POSTED BY beautyhkw (3 yrs ago)

If any paid users requested to disactive the account in Asiaxpat, would you ask for the reason why the users' request to disactive ?

#1 POSTED BY Ed (3 yrs ago)

Actually there is no financial incentive... our rates are based on unique visits per month and on page views... we could have a million registered users but that doesn't mean we can charge higher rates - particularly when they dont visit the site...

What is is related to is we are working on a new site and all these issues will disappear when we re-launch.

#2 POSTED BY beautyhkw (3 yrs ago)

Ed : Please answer my question on the topic. If the user requested disactive an account, could it be possible to re-instate the account and the messages on the inbox that the user deleted ? Would asiaxpat has the record of the registered/disactive ID that the user paid then to know who was it ? If the official requested all details in legal way, would it be possible to have those information ?

Would you ask for the reason why the user wanted to disactive an account ?

#3 POSTED BY Ed (3 yrs ago)

If a user has asked their account to be deactivated it could be reactivated at their request and I believe messages would still be there.

We would not ask for a reason if someone was requesting a deactivation

With regard to your other questions I am not clear as to what you are asking. If it's the persons account why would they need to request user info?

If its someone else's account we would not release anyone's info unless forced to by the police

#4 POSTED BY beautyhkw (3 yrs ago)

If a user has asked their account to be deactivated it could be reactivated at their request and you believe messages would still be there.

Would you tried to protect the paid user then deleted the messages and deactivated the user's account who had have communication with the paid user if the police would request the info. ?

#5 POSTED BY Ed (3 yrs ago)

if the police had a court order forcing us to release info we would of course cooperate - clearly if they have a court order there is good reason for them to want that info .. e.g. someone who had defrauded another user on our site...

#6 POSTED BY Ed (3 yrs ago)

We would not destroy the data. If a court asks us to release info we will release it.

#7 POSTED BY Judelup (3 mths ago)

I am wanting to unsubscribe/deactivate my account and tried going into the control panel and hit disable to no avail.  Please advise.

#8 POSTED BY Ed (3 mths ago)

Please contact robin@asiaxpat.com for assistance

Back to main category

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.