The Number One Site for Professionals and Executives in Hong Kong  | Hong Kong’s Number One Property Site  | Hong Kong's Number One Classifieds Site
Hong Kong
Please select your city
Tuesday, 9/2/2014

colon cleansing-detox

POSTED BY abby78 (6 yrs ago)

anyone have tried this colon hydrotherapy for detoxing? any feedbacks?

any information of any good way of detoxing. I saw this detox kit at GLOW but this kit wont let you eat for 9 days, I dont think I can stand on that as long as I am somewhere I can't see people eating.

#1 POSTED BY kiwi-lj (6 yrs ago)

Hi,

I've tried one way of detoxing. It sort of flush out some of the gall stones. I drank 4-5 days of apple juice (pure fresh apple juice), then took epsom salt, lemon juice+olive oil on the last day. The combo is quite lethal actually. I lost some weight and felt great afterward. Although I don't do it now, I would do juice fasting now and then, cos the result is fabulous too plus i don't think i'd be able to drink that lethal cocktail again :P
if you need more detail of that recipe let me know.
it was fun trying it. :)
cheers

#2 POSTED BY kiwi-lj (6 yrs ago)

Hi Sindhi

Here's the recipe. I lost at least 3-5kgs from juice fasting and detox. The most obvious result is my waist! I felt great, but the thing is I can't loose any more weight, as my mum said, I"m already too skinny. Apart from loosing weight, juice fasting and detox are quite good! I love it. I'm going to try to do juice fasting again in November and regularly once every 2-3 months or so. I also drink fresh juice every morning I think for me it helps and loving it.

what detox are you doing? Let me know :) I"m always loooking for new way to improve my health :) Although I still eat some junk food :P :) I try to balance it out by eating more healthier food :P :) How strange is that! LOL

this recipe i think is quite common and popular, even the organic shop laides in taiwan know what I want to do when I asked for epsom salt. So I think you should be able to find them without any problems over there in HK.

I learned most of the things from my friend but I googled it and found out more about this detox, and adapted it by adding some grapefruit juice. Note the importance of shaking that lethal cocktail! :P :) Sorry, I lost the link and forgot to save it last year. Anyway, you probably can find a lot about cleansing and getting rid of gall stones on net too :) This is the version I have now :).

cheers :) have a great weekend.
LJ

Day 1-4: drink as much juice as possible (use 2-3 apples for each meal) [I also drank a cup of mixed fruit and veggie juice – made from whatever is available ^_^] you can drink juice whenever you are hungry too.

Day 5: Breakfast and Lunch: 2-3 apples. Drink apple juice before 2pm (or a bit earlier than that). Then do the following steps.

Ingredients
1/2 Cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin (extra virgin cold pressed – organic!!)
1 Big grapefruit (2 small) (Or 3 lemons)
4 tablespoon EPSOM salts
3 cups water
(P.S .!! 1 cup = 250 ml)
[notes from the internet: If using lemon juice, do not blend juice with oil. [I STILL DO]
Drink little oil, little juice, from 2 different cups.
If you mix oil and juice, it may (it doesn't happens always) slightly congell, and get a slimy consitence that is not easy to swallow.
It may become slimy. It never happens with grapefruit juice!]
Take no medicines, vitamins or pills that you can do without; they could prevent success. Stop the parasite program and kidney herbs too, the day before.

My advice is not to eat anything. But if you must eat. From the internet, they suggest you to:

Eat a no-fat breakfast and lunch such as cooked cereal with fruit, fruit juice, bread and preserves or honey (no butter or milk), baked potato or other vegetables with salt only. This allows the bile to build up and develop pressure in the liver. Higher pressure pushes out more stones.

2:00 PM. Do not eat or drink after 2 o'clock. If you break this rule you could feel quite ill later.

6:00PM: Mix 10g of Epsom salt (1/ 2 bag) with 120g of warm water (1/2 cup of warm water). Drink it.

8:00 PM. Repeat by drinking another 10g of Epsom salts + 1/2 cup of warm water. You haven't eaten since two o'clock, but you won't feel hungry. Get your bedtime chores done. The timing is critical for success.

9:45 PM. Pour 1/2 (half) cup (measured) olive oil into the pint jar. Wash lemon and squeeze by hand into the measuring cup. Remove pulp with fork. You should have at least 1/2 (half) cup, more (up to 3/4 (three fourths) cup) is best, plus some freshly squeezed grapefruit to make it taste better. Add this to the olive oil. Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake hard until watery (only fresh grapefruit juice does this).

Now visit the bathroom one or more time, even if it makes you late for your ten o'clock drink. Don't be more than 15 minutes late. You will get fewer stones.
10:00 PM. Drink the potion you have mixed. Drinking through a large plastic straw helps it go down easier Take it all to your bedside if you want, but drink it standing up. Get it down within 5 minutes (fifteen minutes for very elderly or weak persons).

Lie down immediately. ON YOUR RIGHT. You might fail to get stones out if you don't. The sooner you lie down the more stones you will get out. Be ready for bed ahead of time. Don't clean up the kitchen. As soon as the drink is down walk to your bed and lie down flat on your back with your head up high on the pillow. Try to think about what is happening in the liver. Try to keep perfectly still for at least 20 minutes. You may feel a train of stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles. There is no pain because the bile duct valves are open (thank you Epsom salts!). Go to sleep, you may fail to get stones out if you don't.

Expect diarrhea in the morning.

LIKE I SAID - LETHAL COCKTAIL! :p ;) tryer beware! :)

ciao

#3 POSTED BY abby78 (6 yrs ago)

wow! this is like a lot of details for me.....i dont know how can i stand not to eat anything.....hehehehe but sure this worth a try.

Sindhi, what kind of detoxing you got from central? I heard about the colon irrigation but thinking of something like that make me feel little uncomfortable, maybe just a thought. Its just that I am suffering from acne, and it gets better after my photoflash therapy but then I always get this headache, digestive problems and acne, so they advised me to undergo colon cleansing, but then I want to know which is the simplest way to start it, and of course effective.

#4 POSTED BY kiwi-lj (6 yrs ago)

Hi Abby

It's actually not that bad :) I drank approx. 1000cc of juice each meal :). 500cc of apple juice and 500cc of mixed fruit+vegie juice during the fasting/detox. Now I just drink approx. 1000cc of mixed fresh juice for breakfast every morning.

Try it ^___^ start with fruit in a blender! :) it's great! :)

I used to have real bad allergy a year ago, but now it's completely gone. No more sneezing in the morning and night time :)

still working on my dark circles though! cos had allergy too long, it's kinda hard to get rid of dark circles :P :)
ciao :)

Kiwi-LJ

#5 POSTED BY Thames (6 yrs ago)

Latest report from the UK about 'detox' was scathing. A top doctor said we already have an inbuilt detox mechanism, it's called a liver.

#6 POSTED BY kiwi-lj (6 yrs ago)

Yes, it's not the "real" science, detox, but juice fasting does help and we don't have to do it for a long period of time.

I found doing juice fasting for a couple of days pretty good, both physical and mentally. For those who don't want to do fasting, drinking juice would also do the trick (well for me that is).

A friend of mine started drinking juice after I told her about it, and she said it helps her with her "problem". So she drinks it everyday after dinner.

Anyway, you've gotta find out what's good for your body.

My parents were pretty much against me drinking juice in the morning, when i started this ritual, but now they accept it, cos my health is improving, plus I'd make them a cup too. I still eat something solid from time to time :)

Gallstone is a nasty business and when requires hospital is definitely the way to go.
I'm glad everything is ok, 9-11.

#7 POSTED BY izaafaisal (6 yrs ago)

hi brit wit....wats the full name of the book?

#8 POSTED BY GordonPears (6 yrs ago)

Dietary fiber for one is widely accepted as being a great natural colon cleanser.
Regards
http://naturalcoloncleanse.com/

#9 POSTED BY kim.constable (6 yrs ago)

I have to agree with Gordon on this one.

Make PERMANENT healthy changes to your diet.
Eat porridge for breakfast. Ensure you get 5 serves of veg and 2 serves of fruit per day. Try to eat legumes and pulses. Cut out saturated fats. (Not the Omega 3's!! You need them!) The above changes have had a dramatic effect on my health and wellbeing. I'm also far more 'regular'!

It's not rocket science. It's also far healthier and permanent than bingeing and detoxing.

#10 POSTED BY GordonPears (6 yrs ago)

Drinking 8-10 glasses of water can give you a lot of difference in you health conditions.It is one of the natural remedy to clean the colon.

Thanks,
http://naturalcoloncleanse.com/

#11 POSTED BY catrosinfo (5 yrs ago)

Dietary fibers is a great way for colon cleanse. There is not substitute for a natural nutrient rich food.

YOu can check more information on <a href="http://colonnews.com">colon health</a> at <a href="http://colonnews.com">colonnews.com</a>

#12 POSTED BY jlgebhardt (5 yrs ago)

You might want to read this for an opinion... Big world, with a lot of medicine out there, and a lot of questionable practices. I agree with catro - eat a normal diet rich in fibers.

http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/141748/5_dangerous_and_fraudulent_health_fads_you_should_avoid/

#13 POSTED BY Tarundeep (4 yrs ago)

Oxy-Powder is a scientifically formulated, all natural oxygen colon cleanser used to safely relieve the bloating, gas and constipation associated with an unhealthy diet. This is a powerful colon cleansing product that actively releases small amounts of cleansing oxygen in your large intestine. Oxy-Powder rated as best Colon Cleanser.You should order oxy powder for colon cleansing :
http://www.oxypowder.com

#14 POSTED BY Jhonwatson (4 yrs ago)

Fiber is one food that can bring about amazing detox results from within. Vitamin C intake would also help you as it helps the body to produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.

http://www.colon-cleansing.ws

#15 POSTED BY Miss Pink (4 yrs ago)

anyone can please tell me where i can buy EPSOM SALT?
i need to find it for my Dad

please help!

thanks a lot.

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.