Part Time Helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by branny 13 yrs ago
Hi, We have a helper that comes for 3 hours on Sunday, she is very nice and does a great job for us. My partner gets on with her particular well and thinks that she is great.

Recently we decided that we want to get a cook that was able to do 2-3 hours per a day, 5 days a week to prepare lunches and evening meals and also help around the apartment.

Last week our current helper(cleaner) came to us and told us that she has lost her job and needs to get a visa in HK. She asked my partner if she would consider employing her and get the visa for her. I understand that from posts its illegal to do this and you must pay a min wage of 3580 per a month plus other allowances. My partner explained that we were looking for a cook and she is prepared to do this job for 2000 HKD per a month. I am unsure about signing the papers and getting visa for her as we have only known this woman for a short time and also the fact that we will be only paying her 2000 hkd where her contract is 3580 HKD, I am sure if she wanted too could contact someone about this and we would end up having to pay this amount.

My partner seems to trust this woman and is prepared to take the risk, has anyone else had similar experiences???

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 13 yrs ago
Amen to cara.

Either hire her (or someone else) properly, including living in your residence, and pay her at least minimum, or give up the whole plan.

branny 13 yrs ago
Thank you for the advise. I think the best way is to go the legal route and will convince my partner this way is the only route.

maruja15 11 yrs ago
hi my name is marie ,i am looking a extra work , tuesday / thursday 8 to 1 pm /sunday 9 to 2 pm , pls call me 54794288 if u need my help around tai hang / midlevel wan chai thank u so much ;)

Hugie 10 yrs ago
You sign full time, you pay only HK$2000.........hundreds of employers are doing that to their Indonesian helpers!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad