Holiday pay for helpers

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bostondude 9 yrs ago
So we're new to working with helpers.

Our helper joined in August. We just bought her tickets to visit the Philippines from Dec 22nd to Jan 12th. We just paid her at the beginning of Dec for the full month. I'm trying to figure out if I need to pay her for the full month of Jan as well. What do you guys think??

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
asiaXdreamy 9 yrs ago
The easier approach is to count it day by day , i.e. how many days worked for that month and how many are no pay leave.

Count it on day basis for incomplete month and you will have accurate answers.

mrcynic 9 yrs ago
First of all, I do not have a DH but am aware that they are allowed a certain number of days paid holiday per annum; also that Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are Public holidays and should be a day off. Did you discuss all this with the DH before considering unpaid holidays? At the end of the day, it's Xmas; if you can afford then pay for the full month. It will probably be a good investment.

asiaXdreamy 9 yrs ago
Yes, if there are LABOUR holidays ( not public holidays) that the DH are entitled to have wage ( wage for labour holiday after being employed for 3 -month.) , then it should be counted as paid day together with the scheduled day off.

Yes, you should discuss with the DH beforehand.

Yes, if you can afford, it's probably a good investment as incentive , considering performance and consistency and worthiness as you observed so far.

Make it clear and talk with your DH is better.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad