Creative Space Ideas?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ryanhunt 8 yrs ago
Does anyone have a helper without a dedicated room? I am looking for a new apartment in Kennedy town, and there seems to be a dearth of listings that have a separate maids quarter. Do they stay in the living room?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Veil337 8 yrs ago
Not sure if you found a solution, but some Kennedy Town apartment buildings have a storage room for every unit, and many domestic helpers stay in those. Have you looked at Lexington Hill and Belchers Hill on Rock Hill Street? Those buildings have storage rooma that are often converted into helper quaters. Some helpers also sleep in the same room as the baby|toddler of the family.

ryanhunt 8 yrs ago
So I took the plunge on a place without a helper or storage room. Our oldest is 7 and all 3 sleep in the same room. If we get a helper she will need to sleep in the living room i guess. Not sure if that is acceptable from an immigration standpoint though? Anyone care to comment?

Veil337 8 yrs ago
Think lots of local families also have helpers stay in public spaces (like living room or kitchen) and just partition off an area solely for the helper's use, like using those handy Ikea screens or curtains that go from floor to ceiling. FDH guide (http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/public/wcp/FDHguide.pdf) just says helper has to have reasonable privacy, so you do have some discretion...

ryanhunt 8 yrs ago
Interesting. Thanks for the link!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad