Helper starting salary/salary negotiation

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by wu1102 7 yrs ago
Hi! I tried searching already but all threads on starting salary seem to be from quite a few years ago. I am pregnant and looking for my first domestic helper to help with my newborn. I know the current minimum salary is now 4,310 but I've heard starting salaries from the minimum to much above.

I want someone trustworthy and reliable but also do not to be taken advantage of. I think that the responsibilities will be quite typical - 2 easy going adults, 1 newborn, 1000 sq ft flat, cleaning & cooking where it fits after newborn is taken care of. Full-time, live-in (own room). Food will be same as what we eat with some allowance to purchase her own preference, although not an official "food allowance".

What do you think is an appropriate starting salary? If the helper initially states (job posting, etc) that they want more, is it appropriate to negotiate a lower salary with increase in 6-12 months? Do you think negotiating the salary will have an impact on helper attitude / dedication? We do have to sign a 2 year contract after all.

If you do not feel like posting openly, I would welcome a private message.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Baap 7 yrs ago
Many people suggest starting with the minimum salary, and then give more if the performance is good. Starting with a higher salary won't necessarily make them work harder.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad