hiring domestic helper with under 15,000hkd monthly household income

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by gabrielgretta 9 yrs ago
We would like to hire a domestic helper. I am fully aware that the minimum monthly household income must not under 15,000 hkd. Would it be possible to hire someone if I will provide my monthy income together the monthly income of my friend who also lives with us?
One more thing is, the helper we would like to hire will expire her visa 3 days from now, does she needs to extend jer visa while we are on processing or what should we do so she wont over stay her visa. We dont plan to use any agency services as this helper is finished contract and can process her visa on her on accord.
Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
StrawberryPie 9 yrs ago
you need to put your friend's details on the form as to the number of people the helper would hire.

I don't know how you can process the visa by yourself because from my understanding you need to use an agent. Do not just hand over all your personal info to a helper who says " I will help you process it." Never ever let a helper get hold of all your personal info because it can be used for loans etc.

She cannot extend her visa. She has to leave HK. A lot go to Macau.

It seems that this is the first time you are hiring a helper.Best to use an agency.

asiaXdreamy 9 yrs ago
Since the OP had only 3 days to deal I believe the solution was solved. Simply ask Immigration you would get the answer.

Finish contract helper can obtain special permission to extend the visa upon valid application for by new employer.

Recently, to step up the control against doubtful FDH abusing the system, some cannot obtain a visa when returning from Macau then repatriated but have to return from place of origin . Consulate has also imposed more stringent control through agent licensing system. Warning letters were issued to certain agencies with adverse records on doing so.

mhelsky 9 yrs ago
Hi i am Melinda looking for new employer i am earlty release on coming july due to finacial problem..my responsibilities here taking care of two children...many thanks...just email me melindaliwag2377@gmail com ..

RobertMayla 9 yrs ago
I have found and read about a NEW agency that is VERY FAIR in dealing with employers AND the DH. It is CALLED THE FAIR EMPLOYMENT AGENCY. located on Lockhart Rd in Wan Chai.
It is run by EXPATS, that are sympathetic with the helpers, and ONLY CHARGE the LEGAL 10% of first months wage to the employee. 410hkd the rest is paid for by the Employer.. See their website at http://www.fairagency.org

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad