New Helper Resigned

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by shahrie 3 yrs ago
Hi
I've read through some other posts on a similar topic but couldn't find a specific answer to my questions so hope someone can help.

We found a new helper who started working for us from 6th Nov.

However she gave me a resignation letter on Saturday (dated 6th Nov) saying she doesn't want to work for us over an "argument over bathing soap" (this is really the reason she listed as she expected us to provide her personal toiletries like her old employer...apparently).

She never discussed anything with us before giving us the resignation letter which I find incredible.

We didn't want her to work with our family for the notice period so told her to leave with immediate effect.

I understand that we are liable for the following:

- 1 month's pay to 6th Dec
- Flight home
- Travel/Expenses for 1 day (she is from Luzon)

But the question is aside is, because we let her go and are paying her salary in lieu of notice, what is the date I put on the immigration form for her last day? Is it 14th Nov? Or 6th Dec?

And I acted on her resignation note - we didn't want her to leave, so the reason is not a termination from employer but her choice. Does this affect the ability to hire a future helper?

For a previous helper I only submitted the form to Immigration and then got written confirmation.
Thanks in advance for guidance

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad