helper leaves after 8 months - need to provide air ticket for her to go back?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cynlai 8 yrs ago
Hi,

It's my first time hiring in Hong Kong. My helper gave me 30-day notice today stating that her family is in need. She has been with me since February of this year. Do I need to give her extra compensation and air ticket to return to her home by law?

Can I claim some refund from my referring agency since she doesn't stay for 2 years? Thanks in advance.

Cindy

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
evildeeds 8 yrs ago
No compensation but you will be responsible for her air ticket and travel back to her home town/village.

cynlai 8 yrs ago
Thanks.

motivationworks 7 yrs ago
Your agency should have a warranty period of at least 1 year, some good agencies give first contract period, that is, 2 years, as warranty period. But it doesn't mean the replacement you don't need to pay, you also need to pay a minimal amount.

rolin27 7 yrs ago
Hi maam you can only send her back to her home because that's the rule written in the contract she give you one month notice mean she will still working at you with in a month and about the agency they must provide another helper to you because their housemaid they gave to you was not stay working to you for 3 month you must be careful about the rule in agency between you and agency thanks it's must be pair all

cynlai 7 yrs ago
Thanks, everyone. Appreciate much.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad