Bring helper to visit Canada

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jassy67 17 yrs ago
Our helper is Indonesian, and in October will have been with us for 9 months. We are going home to Canada for 3 weeks of vacation. I will be traveling alone with my daughter there and would like to bring our helper to help me with my daughter while flying. She would come for 1 week.

Does anyone know if this is possible for for her to do this?

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
abby78 17 yrs ago
i think the better is consult the canadian consulate

sweettagudin 17 yrs ago
Yes, she come with you to canada. What you can do is to go with her to the Canadian Consulate to apply her visitor visa. You have to bring her passport, FDH contract and 4 Visa ID photos and have filled up and signed the application kit and also the visa payment(credit card or cheque). Then wait the wholeday to release the visa. You must download the application kit thru the canadian consolate internet website.

Goodluck!

Beth

jassy67 17 yrs ago
Great!! Thanks for the information. Just I had heard that if a helper is with you for under a year they could not travel with you out of HK (or something like that). May that pertain to PH DH?

aloneforaday 17 yrs ago
jassy,

different consulates have different rules.. UK consul's doesnt allow helpers to travel if they have been working for you for less than a year.. bot just PH DH.. but every DH that the employer wants to take for travel

asiaXdreamy 9 yrs ago
i also think the better is consult the Canadian consulate.

If there is genuine proof of returning trip arrangement and it should be filed.

Both employer and helper are liable for prosecution if the helper finally breached the condition. There was a recent case with both employer and helper prosecution for aiding and abetting to illegal immigration and overstay in Canada.

The question is, why the helper has to stay in Canada for 6 months?

Why would the visa be used for own sight seeing and not accomplishing the employer for discharging domestic duties?

Why from Manila?

It sounds fishy to Customs and Immigration right after your helper landed there.

The legal responsibility is high. Think again.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad