Helper Task List

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ed 15 yrs ago
Let's create a thread that lists tasks for helpers to carry out. We will add a permanent link to this.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 15 yrs ago
Picking up/dropping off things like dry cleaning.

Sarah Jane 15 yrs ago
These are taken from other threads but worth adding here... Many are for if you are away and need to think of things to keep your helper usefully occupied (allowing some down time too!) Was looking for just such a list myself with maybe a column for frequency/date (once per week/month etc) and ticks for if been done/not done. Not to micromanage but I know I personally have a bad memory and need to write this stuff down. I am new to being a helper employer so want to do the right thing. Also gonna keep a household calendar with everyones activities and lists of things to buy/do. As much for her to remind me to do stuff as for me to remind her! Assuming she has a better memory than me which will not be hard. Some stuff below is not necessarily what I would personally get a helper to do. Anyway, here is the list:

clean aircons

clean ceiling fans

take out everything from bathroom and clean under/inside

do the same for the rest of the house, major clean... move all furniture etc

go through our closets to check for mould, then sort out winter/summer stuff

polish all shoes

clean balconies/rooftop properly

weed the garden properly

trim hedges/trees in garden

wash the car

care for dogs (she doesn't normally)

sort out the playroom, separating any toys that might be broken, cleaning the rest

empty & clean fridge/freezer

empty & clean kitchen cupboards (throwing anything expired in the bin and making a note of what we need to re-stock)

cleaning the oven & microwave & cooker hood

clean out kitchen counters, re-organise them, throw out any items which are past by-sell date, BUT MAKE A LIST OF ITEMS THAT ARE THROWN OUT!!!

wash storage areas.

remove light fixtures and dust them.

taking the water based vaccuum cleaner to all pillows and mattresses

taking duvets to dry cleaners

wipe all plant leaves

Feed them

Cook meals that can be frozen – leave recipes

put the curtains & net curtains in the washing machine, or take them to the dry cleaners if they are not machine washable

- any sewing / mending

- if you have children, wash their car seat covers & also the pushchair

- take a first aid course / cookery course, e.g. at the YWCA

- you could lend her some of your books on cookery, childcare, about things you want her to know

- she could bake some pies, make home-made soups and freeze the whole lot so you have some 'convenience food' ready if you ever need it, e.g. on her day off

writing down recipes in our recipe book, sewing/mending, arranging our dvd/cd collection (you know how you use a disc and not replace it in its proper case?). We also had a large pile of credit card slips that needed sorting out by date & credit card number

Admin jobs, paperwork, filing

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad