Resignation letter - to write or not

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by 2littlemonsters 17 yrs ago
My maid is in her final month of her contract and a few days ago she had tendered her resignation verbally. Today, I requested her to tender a written letter but she told me she was unable to write one as her written English is quite limited. So my hubby suggested he would write one for her to sign. So would like any comments whether we should write one for her to sign or let her sort it out herself.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Katetam 17 yrs ago
I don't know if it's really necessary to ask your DH to write a resignation letter. If she's in her final month contract, why do you want her to write up one? I know you should write up a letter of release when she leaves, indicating you gave her all the salary, and annual leave, and the air ticket home... basically that you both do not owe anything to each other anymore, and that after certain date, you are no longer her employer as of what date....

2littlemonsters 17 yrs ago
The reason being - she needs to pay us for the remainder of the contract coz she's leaving early i.e. payment in lieu of notice.

2littlemonsters 17 yrs ago
The reason being - she needs to pay us for the remainder of the contract coz she's leaving early i.e. payment in lieu of notice hence the need for her to tender a resignation letter.

I was told by my new agent that we need a resignation letter off her to protect ourselves in case she might claim that we terminated her instead and then demand "wages in lieu of notice" for the remainder of the contract.

crj 17 yrs ago
Our last helper resigned, and wrote us a beautiful letter - this from a woman who would write 'towel papar' on the shopping list... when I complimented her she told me she had help.

I think it is fine for your husband to write the letter, review it with her, make any requested changes, and have her sign it.

ShazP 17 yrs ago
All DH's can manage to get a standard resignation letter they can get from agencies/ consulates, friends etc. It contains barely 2-3 lines & it comes typed out.

Ask her on her next day off to get that standard resignation letter.

I would not do her resignation letter for her. It is strange as it is that she wants to resign in her final month & in a hurry.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad