Where to buy a shop? And how? When? Why?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by OffThePeak 12 yrs ago
A good shop cost way more per sf than a residential property

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mash108 12 yrs ago
$1m for a shop?? I'm pretty certain you will not find that anywhere.

Underdawg 12 yrs ago
I looked at ground floor retail property sometime last year around the Sai Ying Pun area, near where the future MTR station will be located. At that time I saw a property that was around HKD15 million. I can't remember the size but I think it was around 600-800 sq. ft. I do remember that the estimated annual yield was about 2%. I guess once the MTR station is running the rents will go up. I think there is good potential but you have to use a lot of capital and expect low yields until the area picks up. I also looked at retail property in Kennedy Town and noticed similar prices and yields.

rob378 12 yrs ago
Im far from an expert in this area, but regarding your question" is it better to buy a flat".. IMO there is always a need for housing, whereas opening a shop is not a necessity and perhaps more dependant on the economy. I think renting out a flat is a safer bet than a shop.. given that its in the right area and priced well.

"Have shops gone up as much as homes..." it really depends on the location.. but i would say yes and even more so in some cases.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad