bedbugs and pest control

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mir71 11 yrs ago
Looking for a useful advise / forum on pest control and bed bugs companies, there are lot of companies listed in hk yellow pages under pest control so keen to know if anyone has used and get an idea of costs

I have one quote from rentokil (HK$9000 for 3 two hour visits with no gurantee) which seems very high given a nomral pest spray is HK$400-800, I checked forums but most of the posts are 3 years + old

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
kandrew 11 yrs ago
hi

we have a bed bug problem also unfortunately.

we had johnson group do an inspection and quote. they were 12 000 but with a 2 month guarantee. they also seemed to use only natural products.

the person who did the inspection didn't seem terribly professional. So i'm really not sure if it is worth the money. ALthough i dont think i can live another day with the bed bugs.

we have rentokil coming over today for a quote

mir71 10 yrs ago
We used Rentokill (3 treatments no guarantee). I would not recomend, while the person who did the initial inspection . treatment plan was professsional the workers doing the treatment had no idea how many treatments, what the spays were and what we need to do post each treatment (Eg cleanup), they did not inspect the property for bed bugs before the treament nor did they move any beds, furniture, bookcases or other items (all of which treatment plan said was necessary). In short it was overpriced and unprofessional. If you would like to see more details check ouit my post on geoexpat as has details of problems with rentokil and some alternative providers from yellow pages

mir71 10 yrs ago
Here is the post name:

HK Pest Control & Bedbugs Service - who provides good service at reasonable cost

Susie1 10 yrs ago
If you use one of the companies to initially get rid of bed bugs, then it would be a good idea to invest in a steam cleaning machine to stop them recurring.

If mattresses and corners in a room are thoroughly vacuumed, then a steam cleaner is used on mattresses, corners rugs etc,making sure you direct the steam in the seams and dimples of both sides, then you should not get a recurring problem, as it will kill bugs and their eggs.

Bedding needs to be washed at a high temperature to get rid of any eggs in that.

mir71 10 yrs ago
We have not had an issue with bed bugs since we completed our 3 treatments but we had 3 spray treatments in a row (1 per month) and yes cleanup from spray was a nightmare as had to air house, wash and dry all bedding, clean up liquid spray from floors walls furniture wash all dishes cupts plates etc (this also meant we had to keep our young babies out for 6+ hours after each treatment)

momich 10 yrs ago
How do you know whether there are bed bugs?

RS1234 10 yrs ago
When something kisses you goodnight and it isn't your husband, it's a ed bug. Good luck, professer bean

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad