Negligent HK Dog Owners

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by lbraithwait73 5 yrs ago
Disgusted at some of the dog owners here in HK. Aggressive and dangerous dogs that pose a threat to other dogs and people should be put down. Or muzzled tightly.

I am constantly having to yell at owners that don't do anything when their dog attacks my dog. They just stand there and shrug their shoulders. I've started kicking the dogs in the face when they attack my tiny Boston Terrier.

Some dogs and their owners are fine. They play and do what dogs do. However if your dog is showing signs of severe aggression and physically biting my dog, I will kick it in the face. Absolutely sick of it. I don't care if my dog is on or off lead. It's less than 5kgs and has no way of defending itself. HK people need to learn how to raise dogs.

There is way too much "babying" here. Which leads to disobedient, naughty and viscous behaviour.

If your dog is misbehaving, scold it. Or I will do it for you.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
nigella 5 yrs ago
if they are attacking your dog, can you not involve the police?

lbraithwait73 5 yrs ago
NIGELLA. I have reported this particular owner to the police and SPCA yesterday. As it wasn't on my apartment property, there is little my management can do. However they are on my side. They refuse to have aggressive dogs on the premises. The owner actually lives in the same apartment building as me. So she needs to either muzzle her dogs whenever they are outside or put them down. I know it sounds harsh, but what if it attacked a small child?

pb1729 5 yrs ago
I agree there’s a serious problem with dogs, or rather their owners in Hong Kong. In Cyberport park on Saturday with my wife and baby son. A dog tried to bite my son, I chased it away. Asked the owner to control it - the park rules say dogs should be on leads. Instead around a dozen dog owners were threatening me and my wife. Saying that if we don’t like dogs we should go elsewhere. But it is a public park - why should dogs have priority over children???

Later one of them (Jes Tran) posted a load of pictures on Facebook dog groups encouraging threatening and racist attacks on my family. Have reported all of this to the police and they’re not taking any action. Am shocked at the behaviour of these people...

lbraithwait73 5 yrs ago
PB1729. So sorry you had to deal with that disgusting behaviour from the dogs and their owners. The police really don't seem to care. So I now carry a sturdy rod that I can use to defend myself against aggressive dogs, Because clearly no one else will help me.

sassomull 5 yrs ago
Hi Lbraithwait

I just came across your post. Could I contact you on whatsap? I’ve recently gone through something similar with my dog and it being attacked by another persons dog from our building. I’m having problems and want to know the best steps to take in getting justice.
Could you message me? Thank you so much

+852 98111590

Thanks again

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad