Parking ticket

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Diego 5 yrs ago
I am thinking of parking my park in the street in front of my building instead of parking in my building car park (HK$6,000 per month!!!).

Once you are given a parking ticket, can the police add another one to it the same day?

Or does it stop at one?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
londongrime 5 yrs ago
https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/new-amended-guidelines-will-allow-police-to-issue-unlimited-parking-tickets-for-each-vehicle-in-a-day/

dipak128 5 yrs ago
10th May 2019 – (Hong Kong) Police have recently amended their internal guidelines to allow traffic summons to be issued every 30 minutes instead of 2 hours as before. If you park illegally at the no-parking zone for 2 hours, you may be fined for HK$1,280 (HK$320 per parking ticket). In the past, there was a cap of 4 parking tickets issued per vehicle. After the new amendment, car owner may receive unlimited number of parking tickets within a single day.

The new amendment will also allow police officers to exercise their discretion to tow away a vehicle which obstructs traffic after 2 parking tickets are issued.

Police will not announce to the public the commencement of the new guidelines. They will take effect immediately when the amendments are completed.

bananaq 5 yrs ago
the best way is not to own a car in hk.

Kevinkkk 4 yrs ago
Not worth ! One of my friend did that and Two times car was towed ! And cost him some 2000+ Police kept routine to check after the place !

Briancobehk 4 yrs ago
It really depends on the district you live.
I am guessing you are on mid levels. and it's not that bad they usually stop at one
but you can calculate a ticket is 320. u need to get 18 tickets to justify paying 6000 per month for parking
which to me unless you never use your car. otherwise you will never get 20 tickets a month

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad